Saturday, November 19, 2011

Week 1 MTC 11/19/2011

Place: Provo MTC
Companions: Hermana Thacker and Hermana Latham
Date: 11/19/2011
Hola Mi Familia!!!
             How is everything going? I hope that everything is going alright! Things here in the MTC are absolutely amazing!!! I love all of the wonderful things that have happened so far, and you really feel the Spirit all the time which is SO nice! So as you can probably see from the top of the letter I have two companions, and it is awesome, the other hermanas called us a tripod which is funny, and I like that definition! Both Hermana Thacker and Hermana Latham are so amazing and we have been getting along real well. Oh and guess what, so the Branch Presidency can and talked to us I believe it was the second day that we were here and they assigned senior companions for all the companionships in our district, and guess who got called to be senior companion, that's right I did! And I have to tell you it was by the most amazing inspired way every, want to know how? It is called alphabetical order! haha yeah so I'll be senior companion for about three weeks then it will be switched to one of the other sisters; although I have to be honest I don't really feel like I am really cut out to be a senior companion at the moment I feel a little inadequate but I know things will work out if I just rely on the Spirit.
           So the Spanish is coming along, it is very slow but surely coming along, so as you know I have only been here what three or four days and guess what we had to do on Friday night? We had to teach our first investigator and his name is Oscar! and we couldn't speak any ingles only espanol! can I tell you right now the moment that they told us that we were going to be teaching I nearly had a heart attack because I really don't know any Spanish, but we prepared as much as we could. What was really cool was I was so extremely nervous and I felt that this was going to go absolutely horibble but once we knocked on the door and started talking to Oscar the nervousness just amazingly went away, sure when we got in there we definitly didn't understand over half the words that he was speaking to us, but we taught him the best we could that we have and we had him read a few scriptures in Spanish (and yes they gave us a set :) ) and asked him what he thought they meant, and we also taught him that we have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who knows who he is and loves him very much; and at the end each of us bore our testimony to him in Spanish, mine was very short and simple because I don't know too many words yet, but I want to tell you the Spirit I felt as I was bearing my testimony was so amazing and I felt so much love from my Heavenly Father and I knew the words I was saying are true. I know that Concepcion Chile is the mission I am ment to go to and I'm so excited to be able to go there in eight weeks. I want you each to know that this gospel is so amazingly true and that it will help you with anything that you have going on in your life! I can testify of this!
         I know that this letter is a little short, but I just barely got on the computer and I haven't really thought out everything that I want to say to all of you, but I promise that the next letter will be a bit longer and more details of what is going on! I love you all and again I hope all is going well!
  
Hasta Luego,
Love Always,
Hermana Aubrey Jo England

Sister Latham, Sister Thacker
and Sister Aubrey England

No comments:

Post a Comment