Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Week 48 in Chile - 12/24/2012

¡¡¡¡FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!
Lugar: Libertador, Chillan
Compañera: Hermana Miskin
Fecha: 24/12/2012
Hola Mi Familia!!!!
               FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!! ¿Como Están Todos? I hope that you all are doing wonderful! And so that you all know, I´M STILL ALIVE!!! The world didn´t end on the 21st!!! haha so looks like we still have a lot of time left! :) Our three day of darkness was probably all the rain that we have received, this is what I get for wishing for Snow, haha I get rain!! But either way I love this time of year! and this week and year have passed by so fast!! Help me!!!! Just kidding! Things have been going great here!! I love my new sector and I love my new companion, she is freaking amazing!! I am going to have to start telling you about a few of the many things that have happened this week, just remember as always to be patient as I try to remember! So here we go!

               Well as I was saying my new companion is really amazing!!! Her name is Hermana Miskin, she is from Southern California, and she has about 4 months in the mission, but her Spanish is amazing, because she studyied before, so we are doing amazing together. I love how she is always looking for miracles!! It is such an uplifting aspect about her! We have been doing good this week, and working very hard! I´m very excited to see what we are going to accomplish this cambio together as a companionship! We have found some good people this week that we are excited to teach, we have a family, Ingrid y Ricardo, and their little son Maxi that we are teaching. This family is a great family and we are teaching them little by little to help them make the decision to be baptised, but them came to church with us on Sunday and they loved it! We are also teaching many others, we are teaching a boy named Hector, who was supposed to be baptized this week but because we didn´t get permission from the dad, we had to postpone it and we are going to talk to them this week, to see if we can in a week or two! But we are doing great here!! 

              Things in the house are going amazing! So in the house live Hermana Miskin and me, and Hermana Brennan and Hermana Frandsen, and we are all doing amazing in our little apartment, and it is little, all the beds are downstairs, one set of bunk beds and the other two beds right next to them! with our study rooms upstairs, but things are amazing! haha I feel a little bad for my Comp, because she is a light sleeper, and turns out I have been talking in my sleep for the past few nights, and she tells me every morning and just tells me that she laughs each night, because it is in Spanglish! Lol even worse right! "Donde Estan the freaking testigos" "Muchas gracias, muchas gracias" and probably others but those where the ones she could hear, it is just funny, and I feel bad, I didn´t know I talked that much! I could be because I´m worn out at night and sick, so I talk, but all in all it is really funny! We will have to see what it will be next week! :)

             Ok well many things have happened this week, and I really don´t have much more time to write because we have to do a lot of things before we work tonight and have a Christmas dinner with a family, but there was one thing I wanted to tell you before I left, yesterday there was a miracle that happened. We had an activity with the ward missionaries, who are all young men and young women, but we went out and did caroling to the less actives and recent converts in our ward it was a lot of fun! and we also sang to Ingrid y Ricardo, and they were the ones who told us to check out a school that was next to their house, because they told us there were many people who lived there who will didn´t have a house after the big earthquake in 2010, so after we found Hna. Brennan and Hna. Frandsen we went over there with the missionaries and talked and sung to a family really fast, and then we asked if there was anyone else and they told us there was an old man, but they weren´t sure if he really wanted to listen to us, but we passed by and is turns out he is a less active member who has been waiting for two years that the missionaries would pass by, he use to do much work with the missionaries before, but after the earthquake, it was like no one really passed by anymore, and  because of his hip replacement it makes it hard to go to church, but it goes to so that God never forgets and that he is always watching out for His children and makes sure they are alright, but that is my spiritual thought is to look this Christmas for those that are alone for Christmas and help them feel like they have someone! even if it is a simple hymn to sing! Do It! You will bless many lives by doing it!

          Well sorry that this letter is short but I will be talking to you guys tomorrow and let you more info with skype!!!! I´M SO EXCITED!!!!! but I will see you guys tomorrow, just remember that I love you all and I´m always praying for each of you! See you tomorrow! and more information next week in my next letter with many adventures!

   Con Amor Siempre y Para Toda La Eternidad,
    Hermana Aubrey Jo England

No comments:

Post a Comment