Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Week 49 in Chile - 12/31/2012

¡¡¡¡FELIZ AÑO NUEVO; ADIÓS 2012, BIENVENIDOS 2013!!!!
Lugar: Libertador, Chillan
Compañera: Hermana Miskin
Fecha: 31/12/2012
Hola Mi Familia!!!!
             ¿Como están todos? I hope as always you all are doing fantastically amazing! This week as all weeks has gone by really fast, but has been full of many adventures and has been really fun! And just to let you have a late Christmas present, I am downloading pictures! Sorry that it has taken me so long to download them, haha my bad! I promise I'll try to get better! But at least you have them now! Better then never! :) Well lets get going here with the week, as always please be patient with me as I try to remember, but here we go! 

             Well Monday was a really good day, we had our p-day and then we went to work for a bit, we went over to Ingrid and Ricardos house and we shared the Christmas story with them and at some cake, then we went over at about 9:00 to a members house and we had Christmas dinner, which is called Noche Bueno here. It was a lot of food, we all have no idea how we ate it all, and for the fact that we aren´t used to eating a ton late at night, but we ate a big thing of pork, and longeniza, and potatoes, and like 4 different salads, with ice cream to top it off. haha lets just say it made us a bit sick, but we all loved it! They do things a bit different here, they eat the dinner late at night then they open presents at midnight, and are up until like 4 in the morning, then sleep until 5 the next day, it is different, but we went home at like 11 and then went straight to bed after planning and woke up and had a traditional Christmas and opened our presents in the morning! 

             Tuesday was a really good day, so like I said we woke up and opened all our presents and I opened your package, thanks for everything that was in it, I was really excited to open it! But I think the best present of all, wait let me think what was it, oh yeah that´s right, I GOT TO TALK TO ALL OF YOU!!!! I was so good to see all you again and talk to you guys. Sorry that skype was a little weird functioning but it was all good in the end right! Technology can be a blessing and a disaster! haha but we love it any way, because we can talk from two opposite ends of the world! It was so good to see you all! and I´m glad to know everything is good!

              But that is pretty much what we did for Christmas but it was really amazing, but this week has been a really good week, but having pretty much two p-days, well one and a half, made the week go by really fast. But we are still teaching some really good people, Ingrid got sick this week, so it has been a bit hard to see her, but hopefully she is getting better. We found a couple this week that was awesome. So Hermana Miskin has had a feeling for a long time that we should contact in a certain part of our sector, but she never did it with Hermana Mena, so we decided to go this week, and see what people we could find, and we contacted this one house, and this man came out and we told him who we were, and he said,"oh you are the people who are bringing my free DVD right?" and we had no idea that he called for one, but we told him that we wanted to share a short message with him and that we would return tomorrow with the DVD. But we taught Jóse and Isilda, and they are amazing! They knew about the church and did many things in the '80s, but never were baptized, but have high respect for the church, and about 1990 they started going to another church and really haven´t talked to the missionaries since then every once an a while but never the lessons! That is as old as I am!! But they told us that they would like to know more, and we are starting to teach them, we are so excited! The spirit works wonders to help us find the people that we need to! 

            Well that is pretty much it, but before I leave as always I want to leave you with a spiritual thought! So I have been reading in the New Testament like you all know and I am loving every minute of it, I should be done in about a week or two, well that is my goal, but I have been reading in Corinthians and I read this verse this morning that I loved a lot! Which says: "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal" (2 Cor 4:17-18)  I really loved this scriptures, because really our afflictions are only for a moment, (D&C 121:7) and if we just have patience we will see with eternal eyes why something happen. Just keep enduring to the end and all things will be well. We have a new year coming up, and just remember to make resolutions that you know we can keep, and leave behind the things that don´t do us any good. That is that wonder of this live, is to learn from each experience and move on better then we were before. "No experience is a total loss if we learn from it!" and I would add, "No year is a total loss if we learn from it" Lets make 2013 the best year ever!

       Remember That I love you all so much and I´m always praying for each and every one of you! Please take care, and I promise to write again next week with more adventures! Love you all!
     Con Amor Siempre y Para Toda La Eternidad!
      Hermana Aubrey Jo England
             

No comments:

Post a Comment