Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 52 in Chile - 01/21/2013

CAMBIO 9 SEMANA 5
 
Lugar: Libertador, Chillan
Compañera: Hermana Miskin
Fecha: 21/01/2013
 
Hola Mi Familia!!!!
 
        ¿Como Están Todos? I hope that all is fine and dandy for each and every one of you!!! Things are going pretty good here! There have been ups and downs as always but we do our best not to let it get us down! Entonces, lets get on to writing what has happened this week! This letter may be a bit short, so sorry, but be patient as I try to remember a few things that have happened this week!
 
         Well this week we were going to have the baptism of Hugo but with a few complications it didn´t happen this week, but we should be having his baptism this coming Saturday, so if we could have everyone´s prayers to help us out with the baptism and everything that would be highly appreciated. We are also teaching Francisca who is a really nice lady, she came to sacrament meeting this Sunday, and we believe that she liked it, we are going over tonight to see what she thought because we didn´t have too much time after church because they had an earthquake drill. They are starting to put an emergency exit plan for the chapel if a big  earthquake occurs like the one in 2010, while we are in the chapel. It was good, and they are working out the errors and tune-fining it but it was a good practice.
 
        I bought new shoes this last week, and the process of breaking them in is not really a thing that is enjoyable. This is probably my 5th pair of shoes, I keep wearing a hole in the right shoe and I´m literally walking on the ground, so it was time for new shoes, haha looks like I´m taking it literally when they tell you to choose the right! But it is getting better, the blisters still hurt, but I´m breaking them in little by little. It has also been very hot here this week, you can tell that we are literally in the middle of summer! it is getting in the high 30´s (Celsius) I´m not sure what that is in Fahrenheit, but all I can say it is HOT!! We are sweating a lot down here, and I have the sister missionary tan line again on my feet! It is great! But sometime a ton of heat or a ton of cold has its limits, but we are making the best of it and working really hard!
 
        This week something funny that happened, so we had just left the house and I started coughing really hard because I choked on something, and as we were walking by our neighbor was like wow sound like you are really sick, and I just told him I swallowed wrong, and I couldn´t think of the work, and just as a joke, Hna. Miskin told him I was choking on a fly, and he believe that a fly flew in to my mouth, and told me yummy! and to make it even better the bishop walked by two seconds later and told him the same thing and he just started laughing. So looks like I´m now the sister missionary who swallowed a fly, "Now why she swallowed a fly I don´t know why, hopefully she won´t die!" LOL! :)
 
        We also had a ward activity this week which was a lot of fun! We did a scripture scavenger hunt! We put it together as missionaries, and we hid scriptures all over the church and had three groups that started out with one scripture that they had to look up and the scripture had the next clue about were the next scripture was hidden in the church! It was a ton of fun and we all made tons of cookies and sweets for the activity! So it was a great success! We are also continuing to teach English Class which is so much fun! We have a good amount of students of all ages that love to learn! It is something I look forward to each and every week! We are going to teach them how to sing happy birthday in English next week because it is someones birthday and we are going to bring a cake! It will be a ton of fun!
 
        Well that is pretty much it for this week, so before I end on with a spiritual thought as always!!!! I have finally done it!!! I have finished the New Testament and I have started reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish! I have been very excited to start reading it, because I have wanted to finish it one last time before the end of my mission! But I´m currently still in 1 Nefi right now, I will be in 2 nephi this next week, but there are so many great things that I could write pages and pages of things that I have learned but one thing I would like to share with you all would be in 1 Nephi 16:10,16,28-29 which says: "10 And it came to pass that as my father arose in the morning, and went forth to the tent door, to his great astonishment he beheld upon the ground a round ball of curious workmanship; and it was of fine brass. And within the ball were two spindles; and the one pointed the way whither we should go into the wilderness. And we did follow the directions of the ball, which led us in the more fertile parts of the wilderness. And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the pointers which were in the ball, that they did work according to the faith and diligence and heed which we did give unto them. And there was also written upon them a new writing, which was plain to be read, which did give us understanding concerning the ways of the Lord; and it was written and changed from time to time, according to the faith and diligence which we gave unto it. And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things." I really loved this scripture a ton, because for me it reminds me a ton of how our Liahonas are really our scriptures! They can help us through the wilderness of life if we heed our attention to them with our faith and diligence. The Lord with talk to us through them always and will give us the things we need to know in the time we need to know it! I bear testimony of it because I have seen it in my own life. So my invitation to each of you would be to continue with your daily scripture study if you do, and if not start! I promise that you will find the answers you are looking for when you need them if we diligently study the scriptures daily!
 
       Thank you all for everything that you do!!! Remember I´m always praying for each and everyone of you and thinking about you always. So until next week with more adventures from libertador! Love you all always!
 
   Con Amor Siempre y Para Toda La Eternidad!
   Hermana Aubrey Jo England
 
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment