Monday, March 25, 2013

Week 61 in Chile - 03/25/2013

CAMBIO 11 SEMANA 4
Lugar: Libertador, Chillan Viejo
Compañera: Hermana Morán
Fecha: 25/03/2013
Hola Mi Familia!!!!
 
       ¿Comó Están Todos? I really hope that everything is continually going well for each and everyone of you! Wow can I just tell you it is crazy how fast time is flying by!!!! I really have no idea where in the world that it is going? But I´m doing my very best with the little time I have left and Hermana Morán and I are working as diligent as we can to do this fabulous work! We are so excited to be together and I know the Lord put us together for a special purpose, she is so amazing and we are enjoying every single minute together!! haha and that is the way it should be! This week really has been a good week though, we have done many things and I hope I will have time to write a few of the things that have passed on this week because I´m running a little bit against the clock, because there is a ton to do today, but I will as always try to do my best, just remember to have patience with me today.
 
       This week has been a full week and has really past by so fast! On Monday we were able to have another fun FHE with the Hermanas in our ward that don´t have a chance to have one, and we brought and investigator with us, but it was so much fun! They are always a blast! This week as well we have found a few older ladies that have been very nice to us and we went and talked to them and sang a few hymns for them! There was Ortencia who was very nice and called us Porotitas Bonitas! haha and then one of our future investigators is Maria Elena who is 95 years old and is still doing amazing, we passed by last night and sung for her and shared a message and we are going to pass buy this Tuesday again!
 
     During this week we have had a lot of opposition trying to stop the work from progressing! On thursday I believe Hermana Miskin was going done the stairs and went down the first part, but the second part that has like three steps, she slipped and fell and hit her back hard, and hit the scar right where she has surgery. Long story short they were on bed rest for a few days and talking to Hna. Humphrey and us helping her ice on it. With a lot of prayers and a priesthood blessing she is actually doing ok, it could have been a lot worse but needless to say she will be going home. That is what Salt Lake decided in the end, as well with Hermana Vieda because she has a big problem with her back as well! I have no idea if they are going home with me or if they will be sent home before, but either way it is sad! But we are looking on the positive side and I told Hermana Miskin I would gladly return to being her companion again and we could have companion study through skype and she love that idea! But things are going well here!! :) Hey WAIT A SECOND!! Hermana Miskin just told me that she probably won´t go home, president just called and she is going to have a test trial for 10 days with Hna. Vieda and if there is improvement they will stay if not they will go! PLEASE PRAY FOR THEM!!!!!
 
      Well another amazing thing that happened this week is that there was a baptism in our ward! Esteban, the son of Hermano Vejar was baptized on Sunday and it was a great service! We helped them put together everything and it all turned out super amazing!! They are such an amazing family and it was good to support them in this.
 
      Sorry that this letter is a little short but really I am running against the clock, I´m going over to Cordillera today to say goodbye to Hermana Myrium before I leave! But before I leave as always I would like to leave you with a spiritual thought! Whohoo!! I love the scriptures and things to do with the spirit! I read this week something more in the talk called the "4th Missionary" and I loved what Elder Corbridge said about the spirit and this is what he said: "The gift of the Holy Ghost is the greatest gift available to mankind in this life.  It is the power by which you are sanctified and changed to become like God.  It is the fountain and the only source of power, light, intelligence, hope, love, joy, peace, comfort, knowledge, confidence, clarity and every other good gift.  In this life there is no prize of greater worth, there is no gem of greater value, there is no vault that guards a more valuable possession.  All of the wealth of the world combined is dust and dirt in comparison to this supernal gift made available to every last woman, man and child who is obedient to the laws and ordinances of the gospel. It is available to everyone.  Not everyone has it, but it is available to all." I really loved this quote and I love the gift of the Holy Ghost, it is such a help to each and everyone us us and if we continue to do the things we need to, to mantain it, He will stay! I know that it was a gift from a loving Heavenly Father for each and everyone of us! As well as His Son that He sent for each of us as well! And if there is a few words that I could send to you for this coming Easter weekend, it would be this, "And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!"
 
       I hope that this Easter weekend is full of the Spirit for each and everyone of you, and that you all will take a moment to remember the sacrifice that our Saviour has given to each and every one of us! This is my plea, and request! Remember HE LIVES!!!! And also remember that whatever pain, trial, heart ache or experience that we have in this live, will be and can be fixed through the Atonement if we allow it to! Just requires patience, humility and faith! I know that He loves us and wants the best! I hope that you all remember that I love each and everyone of you and that I am praying for you constantly and that I am extremely grateful for your support and love! I promise to write again next week with more adventures. Until then!
 
   Con Amor Siempre y Para Toda La Eternidad!
   Hermana Aubrey Jo England
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment