Monday, September 17, 2012

Week 34 in Chile - 09/17/2012

10 MESES EN LA MISIÓN
 
Place: Agronomia, Chillan Nuble
Companion: Hermana Martinez
Date: 17/09/2012
 
Hola Mi Familia!!
   
       ¿Como Estan Todos? Things here are doing pretty good! I really hope the same is for you all as well. Just a heads up this letter is going to be some what short because today isn´t our p-day, our p-day has been moved to tomorrow, because of 18 de Septiembre celebrations, but we have been given permission to write today, because we couldn´t tell you this last week. So I have to write really fast because we have to get back to work, and we have a ward activity that we need to go and help with.
 
      But this week has been a good week, and like each and every week, just keeps getting faster and faster. I´m really not liking the faster and faster part, because it hit me on Saturday, that I have 10 months!! and so we work with time in cambios (transfers) here, things like how many cambios to you have, how many left, things like that, and each cambio is 6 weeks long. The things that hit me on Saturday was that in two weeks at the end of this cambio I am only going to have 5 more left! I can count on one hand now!! HELP ME!! I really don´t know where time is going! But no things are going good, because that just means I´m going to be working even better and harder each and everyday! Right? Right! Progression! That´s why we are here :)
 
     We have found some really good people this week, we didn´t find many, but amound the people we found, we found Dayana and her daughter Ailyn. They are really amazing! We were walking and Javiera, a girl we contacted on the Saturday of last week, and we told her about and English class that we are doing, well she saw us walking and ran up to us to ask if her friend Ailyn could come to English class too, and that is where we got to know Ailyn. We told both of them that we would love to have the both of them in English class but we needed to ask her mom if that would be ok as well, so we walked over with Ailyn to her house, and we met Dayana. We introduced ourselves, told her that we had an English class and asked for her permission, and she told us sure. After we told her that we had a message that we would love to share with her as well, and she told us that she was very busy making flowers for an outfit that Ailyn needed for school. We offered to help her and she let us in! :) So we helped her make the flowers and shared a message about Jesus Christ and the importance of baptism, and she was very interested. Long story short, we invited her to baptism, she accepted and we visited her about three times this week, both of them are really amazing! So wish us luck, and pray for them, because they need the prayers, there are few things happening right now that aren´t going very well, but I know with the prayers of everyone we can help them out.
 
     As well with Marisol y Fransico, pray for them as well, they need help to stay strong, and Marisol needs help so she can get a divorce, so that she can get married to Fransico, but all in all just pray for our investigators that they will find that going to church will help them find their answers, because we know that it is in church and studying the scriptures, and praying that we find peace, and we need to do all three. So if you could pray for them we would appreciate it.
 
      Hermana Martinez and I are doing really great together, we continue to work our best, in trying to find people. We have had a lot of fun this week, and we have felt the spirit together as well as we have been teaching. We had a lesson with a less active member and his wife who isn´t a member, she has been taught by many missionaries, but we decided to try again, and we had a noche de hogar with them and taught her how to make microwave fudge :) and we watched "Finding Faith in Christ" The spirit was very strong, as we invited her to continue building her faith in Him, and the testimony of her husband, wow! Boom! That was were the spirit hit really hard. So we are continuing to work with her, and we are hoping we can help her, because we found out she loves DVDs so that is how we are going to start teaching her! :)
 
      We has a stake activity this week! Because it is the indepence day of chile tomorrow, it is a lot of celebrating about culture and things like that. Each year they have a stake activity where each ward is assigned a part/region of chile to show the dances and different things about chile. Our ward was assigned La Isla de Pascua "The Easter Islands". Yep the Easter Islands is a part of Chile, it was cool to learn that we I first arrived in Chile! But we got to help out with the activity, and the whole ward dressed up, even us! :) And we sang Sau-Sau, and song from there, and other things, it was really fun. I have pictures and videos, I will see if I can send the pictures today, I´m not sure if I can with this computer I am on, if not I will definitly send them next week. But someone in our ward gave us the link for the blog spot of the stake if you would like to try and look at videos and pictures, he told me that he was going to upload them, so go ahead and try it is
 
estacachillannuble.blogspot.com that is the link. I don´t know when he will put it up, but that is the link, remember it is in spanish! :) So if you can read if be patient to see the videos until I return home.
 
      Well I really have to get going there is so much to do, but before I leave I would like to leave you with a spiritual thought, I read this in D&C 93:12-20, it talks about how Christ learned everything he learned "gracia sobre gracia" (Sorry I have my spanish scriptures) but he learned it all just like we are doing little by little, until He learned it all, and that is why we are here, is to learn. So my message is don´t get frustrated if you don´t understand something because all will be reaveled little by little and one day we will know all, and just as God said, "This is my beloved Son" when Christ was baptised to complete all the will, or as well when he appeared to the Nephites, said the same thing because Christ understood all. And when the time comes for us to stand before our Father, and He will judge us on how we learned, I hope to hear the words, "This is my beloved daughter, You learned well" I hope that all of us strive each day, gracia sobre gracia to learn all we need to, with patience, and on day we will hear thouse words.
 
     Well I need to go, there is a lot of work to do today! Remember always that I love you all so much, and i´m always praying for each and every one of you! Please take care and I will write more next week with more adventures!
 
  Con Amor Siempre, y Para Toda La Eternidad,
   Hermana Aubrey Jo England
 
ps. Sorry pics next week, and haha I think it is impossible to write a short letter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment