Monday, September 3, 2012

Week 32 in Chile - 09/03/2012

CAMBIO 6 SEMANA 2
 
Place: Agronomia, Chillan Ñuble
Companion: Hermana Martinez
Date: 3/09/2012
 
Hola Mi Familia!!!
 
              ¿Como estan todos? I really hope that you all are continuing to do well! This week has been a good week, there were a few ups and downs, but sometimes that is just how life is and you just take it as it comes along! How else are we suppose to learn! :) Lol so we have a little bit of a problem, there is just one little thing that is a little bit bad about Chillan, want to know what that is? We found a McDonalds!! Yeah lets just say we all freaked out once we found out that there was one here, all the Hermanas that are close, Hna. Martinez, Hna. Steinmetz, Hna. Morales, Hna. Brennan, Hna. Mena and I all went there today for lunch, it was really good, haha Hermana Brennan and I couldn´t remember the last time we had a hamburger, it is just funny, but also we are going to try to be a bit careful too, it was then we were wishing we were in Concepcion where there is a Subway, haha much healthier, but we are happy for what we have! :)
 
      Oh so like I told you last week, I started a service war, yeah it is on now! They have been thinking like crazy on how to get us back, and the other day I completely heart attacked their room, and i mean completely, and I stuck cookies on their ceiling with a note on their desk with the scripture from Malachi and how the blessings of heaven will pour out upon them, and told them to look up to the heavens to see blessings, haha they thought is was a nice suggestion to always look for the blessings, and they didn´t take it literally to look up, that was until we told them! haha we didn´t want the tape to fail in the middle of the night and have the cookies smack them in the face! :) Thursday night we came home, and Hna. Martinez and I took off our shoes and then as we were taking them off we saw the hearts that we used, on the ground leading in a line up the stairs, we started following them and they led to our room and they had heart attacked both of our beds and put cookies. Haha so like I said, it is war, and tomorrow I´m waking up a bit early and I´m going to make breakfast for all of them!! :) 
 
     This week has gone by a bit fast and I´m having a hard time remembering what happened this week, but a few things that I can remember are the fact that someone actually let me cut their wood this week! Yes finally after how many weeks someone let me do it! I was so excited and it was so much fun! Like I said, it doesn´t matter if I´m in a skirt of not I can still cut wood, haha! and another thing is there are so many dogs! in the sector that we are working in there are a lot of them, and Hna. Martinez is scared of them, which as times makes me jumpy, like the other day we were walking down the street and it was a bit dark outside and there was a dog the just started barking so loud at us, scared me half to death and I jumped really bad, Hna. Martinez was laughing really hard about that one, and then later that night she nearly got bit by two other dogs, if it were for me pulling her out of the way, she probably would have been bit, but luckily she is alright and we know to be careful around that house now. Yep but lots and lots of adventures with dogs. 
 
     And another adventure I´m having fun teaching Hna. Morales and Hna. Martinez, English, it is a lot of fun, but I have learned I need to slow down, haha the other day I started talking to Hna. Steinmetz asking for something and Hna. Morales just looked at me with a deer in the headlights look and told me she couldn´t understand I word I said because I was speaking so fast! haha looks like it isn´t only the chileans that speak fast, but us too! haha and I´m still trying to get use to her accent in Spanish, so we both of compromised and i´m slowing down and she is having patience as I learn her accent. I can now pretty much understand people from Argentina, El Salvador, and a few others, but she was the first I have heard from Guatamala, and it is a bit different, but it is all fun, and her English is coming really good!
 
      Well I think that is pretty much it for this week, but time to leave you all with a spiritual thought, haha and I having a hard time finding one because I brought my English scriptures and I really haven´t been marking them up because I have been reading in Spanish, but I found one scripture that I read today, and it is in D&C 76:25, which says, "And now, after the many testimonies that have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!" I really love this, the fact that our Savior and Redeemer lives is a miracle, to think about all the things that He suffered and did for each and everyone of us puts me in awe and amazement and is hard to comprehend. But I would like to invite you all to ponder on that this week, "That He lives" and then continue everyday from here on out to add your testimonies to all the many that have been given of Him, and let others know that He lives, and that through Him all will be well. "And as surely as Christ liveth, bear testimony of Him." (Moroni 7: between vs. 26 and 31) Share your testimony! I know that He lives, and I bear a solem testimony of it as His representitive!"
 
     Well that is pretty much it for this week, remember always how much I love each and every one of you! More than all of you will realize, thank you always for your letters, they mean the world to me, each and everyone of them, they mean the world to each and every missionary!! Remember always that I pray for you all always and you all are always in my thoughts. Please take care, and I promise that next week I will have so more adventures from Agronomia this next week! Love you all!!!
 
   Con Amor, Siempre, y Para Toda La Eternidad,
    Hermana Aubrey Jo England
       
             

No comments:

Post a Comment