Monday, August 27, 2012

Week 31 in Chile - 08/27/2012

CAMBIO 6 SEMANA 1
Place: Agronomia, Chillan Ñuble
Companion: Hermana Martinez
Date: 27/08/2012
Hola Mi Familia!!!!
               WOW THIS WEEK HAS BEEN AMAZING!!!! There have been so many miracles, and Hermana Martinez is so amazing! I love her to death. We have had so much success together. We found 17 new investigators this week, and we pretty much passed all of our goals but two, it has been so amazing, and it was all linked to our obedience and sacrifice! There really is a link with those two things! But we have had a great time together and we know that it has only gotten started, for sure we still have another 5 amazing weeks ahead of us! Yeah it is probably going to happen that many of those new investigators that we found probably won´t listen to us, but finding many news like we did, helps us sift through all the people and look for those that are prepared right now to be baptized, and then help those that aren´t ready, have the seed planted in their hearts for those missionarys that will be able to sift through and help them later on!
       Haha so this week has been full of fun things that we have done. So Wednesday it was Hermana Steinmetz birthday, so what did I do as a good ex-companion, I woke up a half and hour early and made pancakes for her and her hija (Hna Morales from Guatamala). Haha it was so great to see the look on her face when she came down stairs and saw it, and she told me "I´m glad I´m not going crazy, I thought I smelt pancakes when I woke up!" But it was awesome to be able to so that for her! and I´m going to wake up early again tomorrow and do the exact same thing for the three of them! :) Lets just say I think that I have started a service war! :) and it is so much fun! haha we came back after a long day of work and on our table we found chocolate and a cool sign that told us that they loved us, and right when I saw that I ran into my room and grabed a chocolate bar I had an hid it in Hna. Steinmetz coat, wrote a note and put it in her journal to look there and told her "You started it now, this is war! haha!:)" She put on her jacket the next day and couldn´t figure out why it was so heavy, so the chocolate, said "stinker" and told me I was in for it! So we are in service wars now, haha I´m going to heart attack their room! It is going to be so much fun, I´m excited! :)
     So really I couldn´t figure why in the world I got moved over to Agronomia for this cambio, but little my little I have been able to see the Lords plan for me, to be in this ward. So I can´t remember if I told you about Fabian, he is a new investigator that Hna. Steinmetz and I found together about two weeks ago, and we gave it over to Agronomia because we thought that they lived in their sector, but then they told us that he lived in los volcanes, but long story short, this week we recieved a call that Fabian lives in our sector! and I have the ability to teach him. He was one day away from being baptized the last time with the Elders a few years ago, but things happened and he moved. But we have found him, and his girlfriend Joanna who is a less active member that we are going to reactivate, and we are helping them get married, and then Fabian is going to get baptized. They also have a cute little girl named Javiera, who is the cutest thing you could ever see, and little by little I´m gaining her trust! ;) But it is so awesome! I grew really close to this family the first day I met them, and I´m excited that I ended up being on the missionaries that will teach and help them, blessing right! 
     We have also found Marisol, and Franciso this week who are really great, we have to help them get married to, but they have had all the lessons before and know this stuff so they are prepared, we just have to help them get married and live the word of wisdom, but little by little, and they are very excited that we are teach them. It was cool how we found Marisol, we actually contacted the house next to hers and her neighbor and Marisol came out at the same time, so I split off from Hna Martinez and started contacting Marisol while she contacted the neighbor, but we found that she has shared with missionarys before, and let us come in, and now we are working with her and her husband, and they came to church with us this week. WHOOT!
     Well that is pretty much it for this week, but before I end, it is time for a spiritual thought from my gospel study this week! WHOHOO! I LOVE reading the scriptures there are so many treasures! So I´m continuing to read in D&C and I found a really cool scripture that I would love to share with you all! It is in D&C 58:2-7, which says: "For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that akeepeth my commandments, whether in life or in bdeath; and he that is cfaithful in dtribulation, the ereward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven. Ye cannot behold with your natural aeyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the bglory which shall follow after much tribulation. For after much atribulation come the bblessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be ccrowned with much dglory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand. Remember this, which I tell you before, that you may alay it to heart, and receive that which is to follow. Behold, verily I say unto you, for this cause I have sent you—that you might be obedient, and that your hearts might be aprepared to bbear ctestimony of the things which are to come. And also that you might be honored in laying the foundation, and in bearing record of the land upon which the aZion of God shall stand" I absolutely loved this scripture when I read it and it is exactally true, as long as we are obediant and faithful, all in it´s due time will be revealed unto us why something has happened, whether it be here or after we will know that it was for our benifit, just like the fact that I got moved from Cordillera to Agronomia. God has a plan for each and every single one of us, He specifically took each and everyonce of us aside and told us how we would be a part of His plan, and we all agreed to it, because we are here. So just have patience and trust in the one who created the plan because He will reveal to you the things you need to know at the time it is needed to lay the foundation for a great work! And know that tribulation is just a fine tuning process. Just like you told me mom when I was in the MTC, just at a diamond is formed from a piece of coal after a ton of pressure, we are formed into the people/diamonds that our Heavenly Father sees in us after the pressure and tribulations. Just be obediant, sacrifice, and have faith and all will work out in the end and you will see the beautiful diamond from the fine tuning process.
      Well that is it, I hope that you all continue to do amazingly well. Remember always that I pray for each and everyone of you each and every day and night, and that I feel you prayers and love for me, thank you for that support, it means more to me that any of you will ever realize. Know that this mission is really turning me into that diamond that God sees in me, and I hope that each of you can look and understand that He is doing to the same for each of you. Well until next week with more amazing adventures from El Barrio, Agronomia! Love you all so much!
  Con Amor Siempre, y Para Toda La Eternidad,
   Hermana Aubrey Jo England
           

No comments:

Post a Comment