Monday, August 6, 2012

Week 28 in Chile - 08/06/2012

CAMBIO 5 SEMANA 4
 
Place: Cordillera, Chillan Ñuble
Companion: Hermana Steinmetz
Date: 06/08/2012
 
Hola Mi Familia!!!!
          ¿Como Estan Todos? I really hope that you are all doing wonderful! So guess what, "Wonder of Wonder Miracle of Miracles" You will never believe what I have found, that is right my Scriptures!!! We had been calling the terminal all week to see if someone had turned them and no luck, so we pretty much gave up, well with the calling part, I was still praying; while is was wonderful and new to study only in spanish it was hard too, because not understanding one word here and there changed the whole meaning of the verse at times, haha oops :) But we were out working on Saturday, and someone called Hermana Steinmetz on our cellphone, and as we were walking all of a sudden she said loudly "No way!!" and handed the phone to me, confused of who is was, I answered and it was Hermana Brady, and she told me that just that day someone had turned in my scriptures to them! Miracle Right!!! But I have learned a lesson this week that Heavenly Father was trying to shout loud and clear which is I need to start studying in Spanish with my English scriptures at my side and not the other way around, and by doing this I know the gift of tongues and gift of the interpretation of tongues is just going to increase that much more. "No experience is a total loss if you learn from it!" :)
        This week has really been an adventure and we have seen some miracles this week. So first of all because I was sick and there was rain, I was stuck in the house for two days this week, yeah I´m sure you all can tell that I went a bit crazy being stuck there, but it was a bit ok because Hna. Steinmetz told me even though I wasn´t outside I could still prepare, and help look for people, so I organized the area book and did other things by preparing to look for people. Haha but after the third day, and Hna. Steinmetz looking at me trying to figure out how we were going to meet our goal, Because we had a goal that we promise President Humphrey and the Lord that we would find 10 new investigators and do 140 contacts, so it was a bit hard when she was out with members, haha basically I looked at her and said, "Thats it I´m going out, you need me, and don´t tell me you don´t, WE made a promise to the Lord and WE are going to accomplish it with His help." So from that point on I started going out with her and little by little the Lord has been blessing me with my health and I getting better slowly and slowly.
      There was one day this week that we went out and I felt a bit tired because I was still a little sick, so we went back to the house and she put in my ear drops and then went out with a member for an hour while I slept. Then she came back, sat on the bed and started telling me that she didn´t know how we were going to meet our goal and that she felt as though we missed people that we were suppose to find because we weren´t as obedient as we could have been. So I looked at her and I said, "Hermana do you believe in repentance?" She looked at me and said yes, but... I stoped her right there and said, "I don´t want to hear the word but, do you believe?" and she told me yes. Then I said, "I do as well, so let´s both get down on our knees right now and say a prayer asking for forgiveness for not doing all that we could." We both got down on our knees and said a prayer right there asking for forgiveness and the help and power we needed to complete the goal that we had promised, we then got up, and went to work, and the Lord has blessed us this week, we have found some good people, we found 10 new investigators and we were able to do our 140 contacts. Goes to show what being humble, a little repentance, and going to work to change what you did wrong can do, thats right it produces miracles!
       But there have been some really good experiences this week, many miracles, and some funny experiences as well, we have had a ton of laughing moments together the week, which has been so much fun. Haha like on Sunday, we were leaving for church and we had just left the house and I started locking the door, when all of a sudden Hermana Steinmetz said "Hermana wait I have to go back" And I´m think what is she missing, we are a bit late for church, so I started doing a mental check list: Bueno her hair is done, she has her glasses, name tag check, jacket check, skirt check, shoes che.. hold it! Haha she still had on her slippers and forgot to put on her shoes :) She told me something just felt funny :) We laughed about that one for a while. But have had many great experience together this week.
      Well that is pretty much it, I need to get going here in a bit, so I´m going to leave it at that for this week, because I need to start preparing for a talk I have to give next Sunday, aaah! Wish me luck! First talk ever in complete Spanish!! Please send your prayers, because we all know that prayers, faith, and action on our part bring about many great miracles, it has been proven to me many times this week. Well remember how much I love you all! Which is more that you all will ever know, so good luck with that! :) I´m praying for you always and I hope that all of you are doing great! So until next week with more adventures and miracles.
   Con Amor, Siempre y Para Toda La Eternidad,
   Hermana Aubrey Jo England
 
p.s There are pictures uploaded!!! A few more in the Hualqui Album, and a new album Cordillera! Hope you like them, we are going to take a lot more this week, it is our goal! and we will accomplish it! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment