Monday, September 24, 2012

Week 35 in CHile - 09/24/2012

CAMBIO 6 SEMANA 5
 
Place: Agronomia, Chillan Ñuble
Companion: Hermana Martinez
Date: 24/09/2012
 
Hola Mi Familia!!
 
         ¿Como Están Todos? As always I hope that you all are doing well. This week for Hermana Martinez and I, has been are really good week and we are excited to continue doing the Lords work with a new week ahead of us. This week we did a lot of walking, and a lot of contacting, and many doors were shut in our face, but we continued with smiles on our faces because we know that "When one door closes, He always opens a window" or a family that needs to be found an taught! :)
 
      We have found some good people this week and we are excited to go back and have the opportunity to teach them again this week. Such as one lady that we found yesterday, Maria Isabel. We were walking around an we received a call from an Elder in Los Volcanes, and he told us that the daughter of Maria Isabel, who is a member, and wanted that we could pass for her mom, but we were not suppose to say she sent us. We were close last night, and had another lady we had to find in the same street. So we decided to ask someone where the house was for both of them because it was a little bit dark, we found one lady sitting on her porch and we asked her if she new where the first lady was, she told us it was her neighbor but she wasn´t there, and because we were there we decided to ask her were our reference was, so we were like, "Do you know where a Maria Isabel lives in this street?" and who do you think we contacted? It was her, she asked us how we knew her name, and we had to think very quickly and say that some missionaries had written down her name and said that she was a very good person that we needed to pass for, and asked if we could share a message with her! So she let us in, and she has a baptismal date/goal for the end of october, we are very excited to continue teaching her, because she feels like she needs to try and go to our church because 3 of her 4 kids are members! So I´ll let you know how it goes with her this week! :) See God opens windows!! :) 
 
     Well like I told you last week this week was 18 de Septiembre celebrations! Lets just say for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we were in or close to our house, because of the possibility of drunk people in the streets. But we had a really great time, we spent the time with Hermana Myrium and we made Empanadas and Chilinitos, and had a Barbaque. I would just like to say right now, for quite a while I don´t want to eat another empanada or chilinito again, because I can´t tell you how many I ate this week, I lost count! But it was all really good, just a lot and my stomach didn´t like me after words, do can we say the word diet or something like that! haha no but we had a really great time, and there are some pictures that I uploaded. Hope you like them.
 
     Well I´m going to end this letter for right now because we have a few things that we need to do in Centro. But I would like to share a spiritual thought with you as always. So this week we had Stake Conference, and Elder Alliaud, of the Seventy came and talked to us, and one story he told us want to share with you. The whole conference was great, but one story was in particular I loved. He talked about a man who was a little bit busy one day, and was also watching his son, so to keep his son preoccupied while he was doing his things he looked in a magazine and found a pictures of the world and cut it up in to many, many pieces like a puzzle so that his son could have entertainment putting it together. Because his son was young and didn´t know what the world looked like, the father thought it would take him days to put it together, and he would have time to do the things he needed to do that day! To his surprise his son returned in one hour with the puzzle finished, and his father looked at it thinking that there would be some flaw, but to his surprise there wasn´t a single flaw. He looked at his son in amazement and asked "How did you put the world together so fast, when you don´t even know what the world looks like?" His son looked at him and said, "I don´t know what the world looks like, and I didn´t know how to do it, but as I was playing with the pieces I saw that on the back was a picture of a man, and I know what a man looks like, I turned all the pieces over and started putting it together. When I was done putting the man together, I realized as I turn it over I was able to see the the world looked like!"
 
    I hope the story makes sense because I translated it but I loved this story, and it has a great meaning and principle the we need learn, sometimes we don´t know things that we need to do, or we don´t understand how we need to put something together, but if we little by little do the things we know how to do, we will eventually see that we can put the things we don´t know together. So I would like to invite all of you to continue doing the little things each day! The things we know how to do, read our scriptures, say our prayers, go to church, keep the commandments, the little things, and as we do this the mysteries that we don´t understand will be revealed to us. Well I hope that you all are doing well, remember always that I pray for you and think about you, and I hope that you week goes well. I promise to have more adventures to write about next week! Especially since it is cambios! da da da! So we will have to see what happens! Love you all! And more adventures next week!
 
  Con Amor Siempre, y Para Toda La Eternidad,
   Hermana Aubrey Jo England
    

No comments:

Post a Comment