Monday, November 12, 2012

Week 42 in Chile - 11/12/2012

CAMBIO 7 SEMANA 6
 
Lugar: Agronomia, Chillan Ñuble
Compañera: Hermana González
Fecha: 12/11/2012
 
Hola Familia!!!!
 
        ¿Como Están Todos? I really hope as always that things are going fantastically amazing!! Things here are going well, this week as all weeks lately just flew by! As a companionship we have progressed and it is always great to see how goals help us become better than we were the week or day before! But here we go, haha I´m going to try to make my best attempt to explain a few things that have passed by this week! 
 
      Well first things first, it was cambios were today, and nothing has changed here, I´m still with Hermana González and here in Agronomia, finally!! I was changed a lot my past 4 cambios, so it is good to have a least one cambio in where nothing changes and we can continue working togther. But the only thing that is bad is I have a feeling that I may be changed the next cambio, which is in five weeks instead of 6 weeks because of Christmas, but we will have to see what happens when the time comes, but for now Hermana González and I are happy and we are excited to have another cambio together. There was a change with Hna. Bowns and Hna. Moralez in Cordillera! Hna. Moralez is going to Krav, which is close to Concepcion, and Hermana Bowns is going to be training!!! There are going to me three American sister missionaries in the house now, because we know that three sisters are coming from MTC in Provo, so it will be exciting to see what happens, and I told Hermana González today that this will be a good opportunity to learn English! haha she wasn´t to excited about that, but I told her not to worry, I would be talking in Spanish! 
 
    So on Monday we made the cookies with the Bishop and it went really well! They loved them, and then I also gave him the recipe that I had for donuts and he told me that we was going to experiment with them! So we had a meeting with him on Tuesday to talk about the missionary work in our sector, and he brought the donuts that he made, can I just say, he did an amazing job!!! He made them really good and he also added ingredients, he put a chocolate topping on one of them with sprinkles and then a white frosting that was really good! So this will be very great to see that if he will have success selling them!! :) We also made the sourdough bread with Hna. Marisol this week, and the bread turned out good, it didn´t have too much of a sour taste but I told her that it was because her starter is just new and needs to give it time, but she is going to make it again this week, and see see if it becomes more sour! :)
 
    We have been able to teach a good amount of people this week, we are always in the process of finding new people. But Jasna is progressing really well, she came to church with us this week and she loves being able to come, and she is also reading and praying and told us that each of the reading assignments that we gave her this week had an application in her life, and gave her some answers! But we are continuing to help her out, and hopefully this next week on the 24 she will be able to be baptized, please continue to pray for her and her family. We are also continuing to work with Marisol, we are still in the process of waiting for her divorce, so that she can get married to Francisco. But things are going really well and we continue to work really hard.
 
    So I saw the pictures that you all sent me of the snow, can I just tell you right now, I´M JEALOUS!! but in another way I´m not, haha I have mixed feelings! I really miss the snow! haha I forgot what snow looked like! j/k, but here it is starting to get really really hot! It is still springtime but it is moving very quickly to summer. WE ARE GOING TO DIE!! haha this week was a mixture we had many days that were very hot, but cooled down at night, then we had about three days of rain as well, haha Hna. Bowns and Hna. Morales got soaked, because they forgot to bring an umbrella. But the weather has been a bit bipolar. It has been a bit challenging this week because of allergies, so I was grateful for the rain! the only other things that isn´t good about the heat is the return of the fleas! THEY ARE BACK!! but we are working on not having them! It is going to be a bit weird having Christmas in the heat! haha but it will be fun! 
 
   Well that is pretty much it, time to end with a spiritual thought, so I have been sitting here thinking about what I would like to share with each of you, and as I was a part of a talk that we have here on the mission, called, "The Fourth Missionary" came to my mind, and there was a part that I loved that talks about giving out heart and will to the Lord and I would love to share it with you, and it says this:
     "The Fourth Missionary understands that, as King Benjamin taught, the Lord is never in our debt.  He knows that God always blesses us many times more than the measure of what we give.  Jesus said, a hundred times more.  “And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit eternal life. (Matt.19:29).” 
In the end, your heart and your will is all that you have to give that the Lord does not already have.  If you give your time, two years, and your strength, you give only that which He grants to you with each beat of your heart and each breath that you draw.  If you dedicate your gifts and talents, you only return to Him what He already has given to you.  If you pay tithing you only return to Him a tenth of what He has already given to you.  Everything that you have to give to the Lord, has its origin in Him, except one thing: your will.  He does not have your heart, nor your mind, unless you give them to him.  It is the only gift you have to offer that He does not already have.  And so when you give yourself, you truly give Him everything. 
Jesus spoke of this matter of giving or consecrating yourself in different words.  He spoke of losing yourself.  He said: 
25.  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. Matt. 16:25.
   I really love what this says, because it is really true the one thing that God does not have is a our will, we each have our own agency and that is a wonderful gift that God has given us. I love that if we give our heart and will over to Him, He can work many mighty miracles in our life, because we have given it all to Him. Remember He can´t work with something that He doesn´t have, so the daily question we need to ask ourselves is, are we giving it all to Him? or are we holding it back a bit? Take a chance, give it all to Him! and watch the miracles happen, throughout your life! 
 
     Remember that I love you all so much! I´m very gratefully to be related to each and every one of you physically and spiritually, remember that pray for each and every one of you daily, and I am able to feel your prayers and strength, for which I am very grateful! Stay strong this week, and move forward along with the Lord! I promise to write more next week, with more adventures, but until then! 
 
   Con Amor Siempre y Para Toda La Eternidad,
   Hermana Aubrey Jo England

No comments:

Post a Comment