Monday, November 26, 2012

Week 44 in Chile - 11/26/2012

CAMBIO 8 SEMANA 2
 
Lugar: Agronomia, Chillan Ñuble
Compañera: Hermana González
Fecha: 26/11/2012
 
Hola Mi Familia!!!! 
 
         ¿Como Están Todos? I really hope all is going well with all of you, this week has been a crazy week, but an amazing one, things have been really well, and as always the week just flew by, it felt a bit long but I can´t believe it is P-day. But many things have happened this week, and as always I´m going to try to my best to summarize what has happened this week so that you all have an idea of how I´m doing down here, so here we go! :)
 
       First things are first, I have amazing news are you all ready for this.... ¡¡¡¡YASNA SE BAUTIZÓ!!!! It is great that when you fill out the baptism register that you find out how to spell their names! haha oops :) But it was such a great baptism, and we are all very happy!! This whole week though was a bit stressful getting everything ready, haha we have been visiting or calling her everyday, and on Wednesday she was suppose to have her interview on Wednesday at 8, and we were calling her and calling her, but she didn´t answer, we stopped by for her house at about 8 and she had just barely gotten home from work so it was a little crazy, and our district leader is in a sector a bit far away, so long story short Elder Bracken (one of our Zone leaders) with Elder White came from there sector and did the interview, they got there about 10 and we didn´t leave until 10:30 and we where in our house at 11, it was absolutely crazy, but she passed her interview and all was well. But really her baptism was great, and now we are starting to work with Valeska, her daughter that is 10 years old. So hopefully we will have another baptism really soon! 
 
      This week we also had an activity, we did a mini noche de hogar with Cordillera and Agronomia and we talked about gratitude but it was fun haha we, meaning hna. bowns and I were trying to do something little for thanksgiving, but we had an activity and had a list of things that we were grateful for then we played "are you my neighbor" but with our lists and it was very fun, then we watched a few Mormon message about gratitude and ate some desserts that people brought, but it was right after the baptism of Yasna, and Yasna had a great time, we all did.
 
     So something really freaky happened yesterday, we had the return of the beetle. Remember how I told you that we had a beetle about the size of a nickle that was green and blue that was in Hna. Bown´s room, well yesterday we were planning and had the window open because it was a little hot, and in flys another one of those beetles, but this time yellow and black with a bit of orange, it creeped me and Hna. González out a lot, and we tried to get rid of it, but it flew and now we have now idea were it is at, so we are a bit scared, but it is all good! We have a lot of fleas in our room too, were are getting bit up good, but were are doing a deep clean today of our room, we think they got there because of an old mattress that is under our bed, but that is the good thing that someone invented raid and cleaning supplies! 
 
     Well I really don´t have a lot of time left, because we have to get going here soon to start cleaning and eat something for lunch! But before I end as always I would like to leave you all with a spiritual thought. So I´m sure I told you, but maybe I didn´t, but I have started reading the New Testament, and I really love all the things that I have been able to read and learn, I have finished Matthew and Mark, and I´m now working on Luke (I hope to finish before Feb, so I can read the BOM before the end of my mission) but I absolutely love the stories and the miracles and the teachings that I am able to learn from Christ. We had companionship study the other day, and in companionship study we share what we learned, and I told Hna. González that "well I have told you before..." because the same miracles and stories are in Matthew and Mark with a slight change but it is pretty much the same, and as I started thinking about that, I started thinking why do we hear the same things over and over and over again, or we read the same things over and over again. It is because we have to learn the little things first before God can give us more that is why He has told us "line upon line, precept upon precept" as we take care of the things that we are learning and put them into our hearts and we become converted from the little things He is then able to give us more. Think about the parable of the talents, He gave each of them a talent, two of them went to work and found more and were rewarded in the end, but the other went and hid what he was given and received nothing more because he didn´t show his ability. That is the same with talents that we have or learning the basic principles of the gospel. God gives each and everyone of us the things we need to learn in the time we need to learn it, and it all depends on what we do with what He gives us, on whether or not He can give us more. So apply and get to work to achieve more talents and when the day comes He will look at how we have taken care of the knowledge the we have received and we will hear: "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
 
     Remember that I love you all so much, and I hope that you all are doing amazing! Know that all is going well here, and I´m very thankful for all of your prayers and love. Know that I pray for each and every one of you each and everyday. Please take care and I will talk to you more next week with more adventures!
    Con Amor Siempre y Para Toda La Eternidad,
     Hermana Aubrey Jo England
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment