Monday, November 5, 2012

Week 41 in Chile - 11/05/2012

CAMBIO 7 SEMANA 5
 
Donde: Agronomia, Chillan Ñuble
Compañera: Hermana González
Fecha: 5/11/2012
 
Hola Mi Familia!!!
 
        ¿Como Están Todos? Wow otra vez, this week just flew by! Time always fly by really fast if you aren´t watching out. Take this for example, 14 years ago today, I was baptized! Crazy right! We need to cherish every moment that we have! because we never know how many we are going to have in the future! But it has been a pretty good week, we had a hard time finding people because of the Halloween, and Saints day and another holiday, so it was a long holiday weekend here and many people were out of town, or visiting from another part; but it was a good week. I loved the Halloween photos that you sent me!! Danny is really getting tall and is changing! haha! Halloween here was good, it isn´t as full blown out as it is in the states, but there were some kids and teenagers that dressed up and went out asking for candy, but other than that it wasn´t that big, I believe that it really is only a holiday celebrated in the states more, for the fact that all the members kept asking me what the definition of Halloween is, but it was a good day seeing different costumes. haha we all ran home that night so that we could plan really fast for the next day, then we all got into our PJs, we made popcorn, and we watched a bit of "Together Forever" because we have a DVD player to help with training the new missionaries, Lol that is as much as we were able to celebrate as Missionaries but it was great!
 
      Tuesday was a good day, we did splits with the Hermana Marisol, who is the relief society President, and Hermana Mirea, who is one of her counselors. But we did splits and we went out with them to help them with visiting teaching because there were many sisters that hadn´t been visiting. But it was really fun, I went out with Hna. Marisol and Hna. Gonzalez with Hna. Mirea, and we helped them do there visits. Can I just tell you I love Hermana Marisol, she is such a great lady, and we have a lot of fun together, she reminds me a lot of you mom! :) She make bread every week, well a lot of people here do, but I´m going to teach Hna. Marisol how to make Sour Dough Bread, she is excited to learn, because it doesn´t exist here, and I hope it works out! haha but we are going to experiment! 
 
     Well I´m kind of hitting my head on the desk here trying to think of other things to tell you, it is a bit hard when the week passes in the blink of an eye! So there was a baptism this week, there is a family in our ward, Jorge y Maggie, and their boy Benjamin just turned 8 and he had his baptism on Saturday, so we went to help them out with everything, we went on Saturday and we helped them make no bake cookies! ;) because benja loves them, and we got everything ready for the baptism. I played the piano and I also gave a short talk for the baptism too, haha talk about last minute, it is the good thing about being a missionary that we are always studying the scriptures, so when they asked me, I had many scriptures come to mind and I picked a few and gave a short discurso, but it went well! Benja is very happy and so is the whole family. I´ve grown very close to this family as well, I really have found a second family with all the people the I have come to know here! Thank goodness for things like facebook and skype! It will make things a bit easier!
 
      Well that is pretty much all that I can think of for right now, I promise I´m trying to get better at writing a list of things to talk about, there are always things that we can do better at in life, haha right! But today is going to be fun, we are going to go over to the Bishops house, and we are going to teach him how to make "no bake cookies" because Hna. Gladys and him want to learn how to make them, and I believe they are going to start selling them in their bakery as well! So this will be a great thing, because it will be a recipe that nobody has unless you have gotten to know the missionaries!! haha :) And i´m going to teach him how to make donuts as well! i think we are just going to start switching recipes!! :) Especially for the cake he made me, it was so good!!
 
     Well that is pretty much it for today, and as always I would like to end you all with a spiritual thought! So this week we talked in zone class about the 2000 stripling warriors and a few characteristics about them that made them successful in the fact that none of them perished in the end of the battle, and I would like to share with each of you this three characteristics because it can help each and every one of us with goals and things that we want to accomplish in this life, and the life to come! The three things are this: 1. The stripling warriors listened to all of the things from their leaders and did what they asked! 2. They had faith unbreakable! 3. They were exactly obedient! It was through these three things that helped them have God on their side to protect them through the rough times, so if we give heed to our leaders (Heavenly Father, Christ, President Monsen, Bishops, etc.), if we have faith that all will work out according to HIS WILL and not ours, and do our best each day to be obedient to the things we know we have to do, all things will work out in the end! "Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them." (Alma 57:21) I testify to each and everyone of you that if we do these three things that really we will see blessings and success in our lives, we just need to continue on with this faith and remember that all is done in HIS TIME and not ours, but all will come about, and the blessing will come!
 
     Well that is pretty much it for this week! I hope that all of you have a amazing, fantastic, wonderful, week! and that your are able to achieve your goals this week! Remember the three things and I know that each of you can! Remember that I pray for each and every one of you always and each day! Thank you for all of your support and love as well, I really feel it!! Please take care, and I promise next week I will have more adventures about next week! and news about cambios! :) Love you all!! Until next week!
 
    Con Amor Siempre y Para Toda La Eternidad!
     Hermana Aubrey Jo England
    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment