Monday, October 29, 2012

Week 40 in Chile - 10/29/2012

CAMBIO 7 SEMANA 4
 
Donde: Agronomia, Chillan Ñuble
Compañera: Hermana González
Fecha: 29/10/12
 
Hola Mi Familia!!!
 
        ¿Como Están Todos? Well like always I really hope that you all are doing well, things here are doing well. I´m really not kidding I really have no idea where the time is flying because this week passed by so fast in the blink of an eye, and I´m here writing you all again. So I´m going to try my best to explain a few things that have happened this week, but have patience, because when things pass by so fast it is hard to remember all these things at times! So here we go!
 
     So we have been working with Jasna and her family still, mainly with Jasna lately, but things have been going alright. She has been having a rough time, being a single mom is really hard, but we have people in the ward that are watching out for her. After chruch yesterday, Hermano Marcelo, who is a recent convert took her home in his truck, and his wife was talking to her, and they found out that Jasna really has nothing, hardly any money and don´t have a lot of food. After they knew that they went home and found a little bit of food that they could after they called the bishop and took it over to her. There are really good people in this ward and they are befriending Jasna really well.
 
    We had a Noche de Hogar on Monday and it went really well. We were with Hermana Marisol and her family, Hermano Marcelo and his family, and Jasna and two of her kids David y Valeska. But the NDH was really fun, we made Donuts (Which turned out great!) then we had a short message about studying the scriptures and pray, then we ate and we played the tie game, where you have two ties and it is a race to have someone with both ties, but it was very fun and we were all busting up laughing, because Hno. Marcelo and Hno. Gabriel were playing so many tricks during the game to get others out!
 
    On Thursday we were able to help a lady, her name is Mercedes, she is the wife of a member. But we went over to her house and we helped her clean all of her windows, and after she showed us all of her chickens (Which I loved, reminded me when we had chickens!) and she showed us some eggs that have the possibility of being baby chicks, and she said they should be ready soon, so when we go over for lunch this Sunday she is going to have many baby chicks runny around! :) but she also show us her garden and her dogs, and we sat and talked to her for a while, but it was very fun!
 
    Well that is pretty much it, I really can´t think of any thing else. Hermana González and I are doing really well together and learning a lot each and every day! haha she wants me to start teaching her how to cook the things that I have been cooking, and she is going to write down the recipes. Oh which reminds me, Mom I love you!! haha well I always have, but thanks for telling me to use raw sugar as a substitute for brown sugar, I used it to make carmel nut slices and it worked, probably not exactly the same but they are pretty darn close!! It made me very happy to be able to make them, and as well as Hna. Bowns, Hna. Morales, and Hna. González, they loved the cookies they were very good! haha they know when I´m cooking because they always tell me the smells just travel upstairs and they love the way it smells! ;)
 
    Well I´m going to end, but before I do, a spiritual thought! So this week I finished reading Genesis, and now I will be working on the Pearl of Great Price, but as I was reading I thought a lot about the lost tribes and about family and how we have the opportunity to search for the family that have passed on through genealogy. It is a great source to be able to search for those of our family to help "the hearts of the fathers turn to the children and the hearts of the children to their fathers" On Saturday there was a really cool activity that Cordillera and Agronomia were doing, they had a day of indexing names for the family history center in the stake. they had a goal to index 1000 names in the day while they were there, they surpassed their recorded and found a bit over 1300 names to be able to work with! I loved on the board they had "souls we have found" and then the number! That really is what genealogy is about, I know I am focusing on finding the "souls" that are living, but you all have the opportunity to find the souls that are living and have passed on and I invite you all to do that! If you can try to talk to you ward and do an activity like they did here, it was the first time they did it but they are going to make it a yearly thing! Work with the family history and find names to take to the temple!
 
    Well that is pretty much it for this week, I promise that I will have more next week, and will try to do my best and remember more to write about haha! but until then remember always that I love you all and I pray for you all always! Thank you all so much for you support and love! Until next week with more adventures!
 
  Con Amor Siempre y Para Toda La Eternidad,
  Hermana Aubrey Jo England    

No comments:

Post a Comment