Monday, October 22, 2012

Week 39 in Chile - 10/22/2012

11 MESES EN LA MISIÓN Y CUMPLÍ 22 AÑOS
Donde: Agronomia, Chillan Ñuble
Compañera: Hermana González
Fecha: 22/10/2012
Hola Mi Familia!!
        ¿Como Están Todos? I really hope all is going well for all of you! Wow this week has just been packed with many things this week and went really fast is all that I can say! But it has been really good, and Hermana González and I have seen a lot of miracles and great things happen this week. So I´m just going to start off with a few things that have happened of the things that I can remember! So here we go!! :)
       Well as you all know it was my birthday this week! And all I can say is it was a really great day!! What can be better then being in the service of the Lord! So I woke up in the morning and I looked at our study table and Hna. Bowns and Hna. Morales had decorated it with balloons and other things, and they also made my breakfast! We had crapes (I think that is how you spell it)but they were very good and very filling. We had lunch at the bishop´s house and we ate there and talked with Hna. Gladyis, and she found out it was my birthday, and as we were leaving, Obispo Saez and his wife gave me a cake that they had just made! and It was so good!!! and so that you know Obispo Saez is a pastery chef, he cooks really well and MUY RICO!! I have grown really close to that family!!!
      After that we went to go and work, and it was a good day, we went and passed for a less active member, who´s name is Luz I think I have told you about her before, but we passed by and the daughter who is 8 now remembered it was my birthday and gave me many notes and a balloon, and it was very sweet. She remembered because her birthday was the 20th, and so for her birthday I made her a brownie and I took it over the next day! Valeska has grown very attached to me! Her mom and grandma told me that she talks about me all the time and can´t wait until the next time that I pass! She is very cute! We also passed by and taught Jasna and her familiy which was very fun, but I will tell you about them more in a minute.
     Later that night right after we had taught Jasna we were walking around and I recieved a call from Cordillera, Hna. Moralez called me and told me that Hna. Bowns had gotten really sick and she need my help right way, and that I need to run to the church as fast as I could! Haha and given the circustances of what day it was, and the fact that the cough of Hna. Bowns in the background sounded so fake, I knew what was up! :) But we walked as fast as we could to the church, and we were a good 2 miles or more away, and I almost had two dogs attach me! and on our way we ran into our mission leader, Hno. Rudy, by a store close the the church, that was when I knew something was up, but out of breath we made it to the church, and they had a surprize part for me in the church with people from Agronomia and Cordillera! It was great! and then after that we went to a members house in Cordillera and had an "once" and birthday cake because I share the same birthday with Fransisca (Pancha) and we celebrated there together! It was a lot of fun! The whole day! But the is pretty much a summery of what happened!
     So now to talk a bit about Jasna and her familiy! We have found a familiy to teach!!! We are so excited for all of them and they are very open to what we are teaching! But so like I told you last week we found them and taught them, then two days later we had the feeling to pass for them again before we went to a meeting with the bishop, and she told us the she was very glad we came, in fact was praying that we would stop by (This was tuesday) She told us that after we left on Sunday, she was not able to sleep at all and had many nightmares, and her kids got sick, and many other things. We told her that those were not things from God and that there was a lot of opposition, so we all knelt down with their family and I said a prayer to help them sleep better and have protection that night. Then the next day we brought the Bishop and Hno. Rudy, over and they blessed the house, and got to know the family. But they familiy has really opened up to us, and they came to an activity that was in the Church on Saturday, for Dia de las Races, and there was the typical dance (original dance) from different countries, that diff. wards danced, it was very fun! haha and they did a good job for the United States, they danced "line dancing" and they also did a line dance to "Cotten Eye Joe" haha it was really great! :) But this family also went to church with us on Sunday, we went in the morning and made them french toast, then went to church and they enjoyed it, so much that they kids didn´t want to leave the primary. But many things are great with this familiy and we are going to have a noche de hogar with them tonight. Please continue to pray for this familiy is all I ask! :) They are very special to us!
     But that is the majority of the things that happened this week! But it was very good, and very fast! I really can´t believe it has been 11 months I feel like I just wrote you all reacently about 10 months, so like always it passes really fast! but that is pretty much it but before I leave a spiritual thought! :) So this week I had the privilage to give a talk in church, and my talk was based on the talk by Pres. Uchtdorf, "You are my Hands" I loved this whole talk and especially one part which says:
True love requires action. We can speak of love all day long—we can write notes or poems that proclaim it, sing songs that praise it, and preach sermons that encourage it—but until we manifest that love in action, our words are nothing but “sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.” Christ did not just speak about love; He showed it each day of His life. He did not remove Himself from the crowd. Being amidst the people, Jesus reached out to the one. He rescued the lost. He didn’t just teach a class about reaching out in love and then delegate the actual work to others. He not only taught but also showed us how to “succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees.”  Christ knows how to minister to others perfectly. When the Savior stretches out His hands, those He touches are uplifted and become greater, stronger, and better people as a result. If we are His hands, should we not do the same? As we extend our hands and hearts toward others in Christlike love, something wonderful happens to us. Our own spirits become healed, more refined, and stronger. We become happier, more peaceful, and more receptive to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit.

I really loved this part and just wanted to share it with you all, because really we can become the hands of Christ if we but our heart into learning about Him and doing what He showed us to do! So go out there and put your love into action! Remember that I love you all and I´m always praying for you all always! Uncle Ken you and your familiy are in my prayers as well everyday in every moment! Hope you recover and get better soon! Love you all! and I will write about more adventures next week! So until then!

Con Amor Siempre y Para Toda La Eternidad!
Hermana Aubrey Jo England
    

No comments:

Post a Comment