Monday, February 11, 2013

Week 55 in Chile - 02/11/2013

CAMBIO 10 SEMANA 1
 
Lugar: Libertador, Chillan Viejo
Compañera: Hermana Peña
Fecha: 11/02/2013
 
Hola Familia!!!
 
             ¿Como Están Todos? Hope that all continues to go amazing! Things here have been busy but have been really good! There have been many changes this week, one of which as you all know I am training again! and just many things in working and helping others. But hopefully I am able to write about a few of the things that have been going on here this week! So please continue to have patience as I try to remember a few things that have been happening! Bueno! Here we go! 
 
             Well this week just like I told you I had to go to Concepción and look for my new companion. My new companion is Hermana Peña! She is very amazing! She is from here is Chile, from Iquique, the most north you can go! But I really the Lord is continuing to bless me just like He always is, Hna. Peña is the sweetest, kindest person you could ever meet and is just full of energy and very prepared to be a missionary! It is true what they say, "they just come more and more prepared!" So now in the house there is Hermana Peña and me, then we have Hermana Miskin and Hermana Vieda, who is from Columbia! We have all be having a blast together and things are going amazing! And I know that they adventures are just going to continue!
 
            This week has been a good week, it has been a little bit hard in the finding aspect, we had a really hard time finding people, but we are going forth with much faith for a new week and we know things are going to work out well! The time is getting short and the need to find is getting higher! But this week we were able to find one lady who is really good! Her name is Iris, we were walking in the street and Iris called us over and wanted to talk with us, and to make a long story short we have started to teach her! But she is really awesome, and very receptive. Iris has some tumors in her brain that are benign but they still have been affecting her health, but she isn´t letting that get in the way with her faith. Her faith is very strong in God and wants to do her best to follow Him! But both Hermana Peña and I are really excited that we found her and have this opportunity to teach her! We are also teaching another man whose name is Tomás, he is a really good guy, he is about in his 40 or 50s and is accepting to hear about the gospel, or so we hope, we had a little incident and now we need to take priesthood holders with us now, we were teaching about the restauration and how he could get married for every with his wife, and he said I would like to get married, and we said great with you wife right? I know you can see this one coming, and laugh if you want but it was creepy, he said no, and then we asked him questionly with who, and said me! So needless to say I got a little creeped, and we are having Priesthood come to lessons too teach him, it is the same thing that happened with Hugo and Hna. miskin. Not sure why, haha but it did! But we are going to go this week to teach him again and see things! Adventures right! :) English class this week was a blast, thank you mom for sending me the words to Green Eggs and Ham! It was a blast being able to read it with them and they all loved it! They read very well!
 
         Ok well I don´t have much time left I have to get going to do a few things but before I end I would like to leave you with a spiritual thought as always!! So there as a quote that an hermana shared with me this week that I loved and I would love to share it with all of you this is what it says! "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God! Your playing small does not serve the world! There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won´t feel insecure around you. We are all ment to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It´s not just in some of us, it´s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsiously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others!" I really loved this quote because it is true! We are all amazing because we are children of God! Don´t be afraid of your light is my message this week!
 
       Ok remember always that I love you all and I am praying and thinking about you always. Please take care and I will write you all more next week!
 
   Con Amor Para Siempre y Para Toda La Eternidad,
   Hermana Aubrey Jo England


No comments:

Post a Comment