Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 5 in Chile - 02/27/2012

SEMANA 5 en Hualqui

Place: Hualqui
Companion: Hermana Sanchez
Date: 27/02/12

Hola Mi Familia!

    Buenas Tardes! ¿Como Estan? I hope things have been going really well for all of you this week! Things have going amazingly well here this past week! We had another baptism this week! ANTONNELLA SE BAUTIZO! She is the cutest little girl ever, and is so accepting! Haha it is so cute whenever we are walking in Santa Josefina and her sister and her see us, they come running, yelling hermanas! It is so cute, I LOVE IT! Their whole family is super amazing! We are working on bringing the parents back to church, they are menos activos, and things are going well, they have been attending! But her baptism went really well, for a musical number all of the Hermanas sang Soy un Hijo de Dios (I Am a Child of God), because that is her favorite song, y we sung the first verse in Español and the second verse in Ingles, then the third verse, Hnas. Sanchez y Carmona sang it in Español and Hna. Kraemer y yo sang it in Ingles. The spirit was very strong during the entire thing. Then after the family invited us over to their house and we had "once" with them, and I don´t know if I explained this before, but "once" is like our dinner time but littler and you snack on little things, their lunches here are like our dinners, they are huge! The other day we had a lunch, and oh man, their was so much food, I´m surprized I was able to eat it all! Pero the baptism was amazing! Oh by the way I put more pictures up! :)

    If you want to be really technical we had another baptism this week as well! and the name is the cellular of Hna. Carmona y Hna. Kramer! haha Hna. Sanchez and I were in the hall waiting for Antonnella to get changed, when all of a sudden Hna. Carmona comes running down the hall, saying something really fast in Spanish, and starts heading for the custodial closet, But I realized after a few seconds that she said she had dropped the cellphone in the font, haha Hnas. Kraemer y Carmona we draining the font a little bit because the water was a little too high for Antonnella, and by accident they dropped the phone in to the font. Hermano Nelson, went into the font and grabbed it, and the miracle of it all is it still works! they were able to shake all the water out and put the card and everything back in and it turned on! But that was something that happened this week that I thought you all would like to hear!

    Hmm what else? Basically the baptism was the biggest thing this week. Oh just so you all know I have a new nickname gracia de Hna. Carmona! Ready for this one! Gringland! She combined the words Gringa with England, and now and forever to her I will be Hna. Gringland! haha she loves, it and I´m trying to figure out one for her back, and I´m not coming up with anything! just give it time I´m sure I´ll think of something! The Spanish is coming along, it is mejor, poco a poco cada dia! I have really had to exercise my patience though with it, and I´m trying to do that! I know it will come I just need to do my best!

    Sorry this letter is going to be short but we have to get going pretty soon, Hna. Sanchez need to go to the office, because one converts wants to meet with her! and applying for my visa and carnet took a long time today! but I need to be legal! :) Before I end this email though I would like to share one of the scriptures that I read this week during my personal study. This scripture is in Mosiah 1:5-7, and it says: "I say unto you...these things...have been kept and preserved by the hand of God, that we might read and understand of his mysteries, and have his commandments always before our eyes...I would that ye should remember that these sayings are true, and also that these records are true...and we can know of their surety because we have them before our eyes. And now... I would that ye should remember to search them diligently, that ye may profit thereby; and I would that ye should keep the commandments of God, that ye may prosper in the land according to the promises which the Lord made unto our fathers." I really enjoyed this scripture when I read it, it is so true we can know for asurety that these words are true, all we have to do it read them and pray about them, to know. I know with all my heart that each and every one of us can recieve personal revelation from the scriptures, when we read them, and we can learn and recieve answers for the things that we need in this life. So this week I encourage you all to continue reading your scriptures, please always read them daily, because I know and I promise all of you, that you will find the answers that you need! :) Please know that you all will continue to be in my prayers and I love you all, thank you for all you letters, and special thanks to the Mia maids in the Highland 1st Ward, your card was awesome, I just recieved it today! I promise to tell the youth here to "Levántate y sube al monte" "Arise and get thee to the mountain" I love all of you! Until next week!

Love Always and Forever!
Hermana Aubrey Jo England

No comments:

Post a Comment