Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 15 in Chile - 05/07/2012

CAMBIO 3 SEMANA 3
 
Place: Hualqui
Companion: Hermana Sanchez
Date: 7/5/2012
 
Hola Mi Familia!
 
       ¿Como Estan Todos? I hope that you are all doing well, things here in the wonderful land of Hualqui are doing really good. So guess what, surprize, More Photos!! Sorry that it has taken me so long to upload more of them but I haven´t been by a computer to where I could do it, or the photo thing was being used, pero, you have the photos now which is really good! ;)
 
        Things are going really well with all of our investigators, Carlos is amazing, he has really changed since his baptism, and is doing his very best to help his family, it is just so amazing to see the changes in people lives; he still teases me like no other though but that isn´t that important, it is all out of fun, he must be taking the place of you mom! ;) j/k I love you! :) But Catalina is progressing really well, and the other day we sat down with them and watched the movie, together forever, and she really enjoyed that, she told us she still doesn´t feel ready to be baptized, because she is scared, cause it is a big thing, which is understandable, but little by little we are working with her, and I had the impression to leave her a Book of Mormon, with some of my favorite chapters marked for her to read, and guess what she is reading them! :) So we will see what happens!
 
       Adrianna the esposa de louis is doing really well tambien, we have been working with her on leaving her Santos, and little by little we are taking them off of her alter, and puting them in her house as decorations only, and she is progressing too. And the other day which was really fun, we made Pan Amasado with her, which is a type of bread here in Chile and it is so good!! and was really fun to make with her, she is a really great lady.
 
     We met a really cool family this week, so we have been beginning to teach Brenda and Carol who are two sisters, and their parents are menos activos, but we went over to their house this week to teach them, and their brother was there too, and the catch is, is he is deaf, and can´t hear or speak, but he was sitting there, and I gave him my picture book to look at while we talked to Brenda and Carol, and their mom. During the lesson though while Hermana Sanchez was talking I was looking at Robert and all of a sudden he came to the picture of a boy being baptized, he looked at it and then looked at his mom and as trying to ask her what it was, and in that moment I put my hand on Hna. Sanchez´s knee telling her to stop, and look at Robert, it was then in this moment that we followed the Spirit and we did the best we could to teach him, and we taught him little by little and he seemed like he would like to get baptized,and listen to us. So we are working right now to find someone who can sign for us, because we can´t and the mom only knows so much, so wish us luck that we can find somebody!
 
     Well as for in the house! Things are going really well, we are having lots of fun like usual. The weather here is so weird in Chile, at times it is hot, and then it is freezing in the night, but I am bundled up good so I don´t feel the cold! haha pretty much I sweat because I´m bundled up that good, your hat mom is working great! Thanks for making it for me! But at night it is cold too but we have a magical little thing called a Guatero! and it is a little bag with hot water that you put by your feet at night and it keeps warm all night, and you are warm too, it is always our feet that are cold, so if they are warm, we are good too! :)
 
     Well I really can´t think of much else to tell you all, so I will just leave you all with a thought. So as a mission we are reading the Book of Mormon together, and I have been learning a lot as we have been reading it, one scripture that I came across the other day was this, it is in Jacob 4:8, "Behold, great and marvelous are the works of the Lord. How unsearchable are the depths of the mysteries of him; and it is impossible that man should find out all his ways. And no man knoweth of his ways save it be revealed unto him." I really loved this scripture because it just goes to show us that, yes we can´t know why things happen in our lives and for what purpose, but as we search diligently in the great depth of knowledge that we already have, little by little when the time is right for us to learn something the Lord will reveal it for us and we then can apply it into our lives. Well that is pretty much it for today! I hope that you are all doing great! and remember how much I love you and I always pray for you all! Please take care! and I will have more Adventures from Hualqui this coming Week! But guess what You will hear from me this Sunday!!!! I´m so excited to be able to talk to you guys!!! So please take care and I will Talk to you guys this sunday!! Love you all!!! :)
 
  Con Amor, Siempre, y Para Toda La Eternidad!
   Hermana Aubrey Jo England
      


No comments:

Post a Comment