Monday, May 28, 2012

Week 18 in Chile - 05/28/2012

CAMBIO 3 SEMANA 6
 
Place: Hualqui
Companion: Hermana Sañchez
Date: 28/05/2012
 
Hola Mi Familia!!!!
 
     First of all I´m just going to tell you that this letter is going to be a little bit short, I don´t have a lot of time today because it is the wonderful time again called Cambios!!! So we are busy running around, Hna. Sanchez is getting things packed, and we are going to be going all over Hualqui today so that she can say goodbye to our conversos and other people in the ward. It is so crazy that she is leaving, but we both knew this day was coming soon, because 18 weeks together is such a long time, and rare. But Hermana Sanchez is leaving to Constitucion, Hermana Kraemer is going home! (That is nuts the mission has gone so fast!) Hermana Joglar and I are in Hualqui, and two new Hermanas are arriving. Hermana Bahr will be with Hermana Joglar, and then Hermana Keil with me; there will be three gringas in the house! This will be a lot of fun! But I will be honest I´m a little bit scared because my spanish is not completly there yet, but I´m working on it, with lots of prayers and faith I know I can do it, I´m also thinking about waking up an hour earlier so that I can study a bit more, we´ll see how it goes.
 
     Well quickly this week has had it´s ups and downs, the down we will start with, is the Denise wasn´t baptized this week, it is kind of a long story, but we are continuing to teach her, and hopefully soon, she will be baptized. But this cambio has been so amazing with Hermana Sanchez we have had a lot of success together, and she has taught me wonderful things that I will never forget, but it is time to move on from my mom, seeing how I´m 18 years old! Lol :) But this week has been crazy! There has been so much rain!!! It is raining and raining and raining and raining, well I think you get my point! The other day we got soaked! not a joke, and then we were in the Familia Colla´s house to have lunch and we stood next to their heater they had and I´m not kidding my skirt starting smoking, well, vapor from the water, but it looked like smoke, there is pictures, and like always with the wind, my umbrella turned inside out time and time again. The wind was so hard the other day that the power went out in all of Hualqui, and it was pitch black! We actually had to enter back in to our house at 7:30 instead of 9:30 because it was too black to work, but luckily with were with a member when it happened, we ate empanadas, and pan which was so delicious, then they took us back to the house. It was a good thing we had bought candles a week ago or we would have been in trouble. But it was a good night we drank ecco and just had fun together. 
 
    So much has happened this week, we have worked very, very hard as always! I´m sorry that this letter is a little short but I will write a better one this next Monday with cambios and everything we are very very busy today, but I will have more adventures from Hualqui next week. Remember how much I love you all, I hope that you all have a wonderful Memorial day in the sunshine! :) Enjoy it for me please! lol :) I pray for you all always, please take care, and like I said, more adventures next week. Love you all!
 
Con Amor Siempre, y Para Toda La Eternidad!
Hermana Aubrey Jo England

No comments:

Post a Comment