Monday, June 4, 2012

Week 19 in Chile - 06/04/2012

CAMBIO 4 SEMANA 1
 
Place: Hualqui
Companion: Hermana Keil
Mini Cambio: Hermana Bahr y Hermana Joglar
Date: 4/06/2012
 
Hola Mi Familia!!
 
     ¿Como Estan Todos? I really hope that you all have been doing great and that you have been able to do all that you wanted to accomplish this week. Things here are going really great! So as I told you last week there were cambios, so I have a new companion; her name is Hermana Keil, she is from New Mexico, but she use to live in Kearns, Utah. She is a really great person, and we have a lot of fun together, we are both kindof in the stage of getting use to eachother but all in all, we are doing amazing! Haha we were both talking, that is the thing about the mission, it is like an arranged marriage, so they tell you, "Ok this is your new companion, and you need to be best friends like right now, learn everything you can about each other, you are always with eachother, never alone, and you have to go out and teach the gospel unified." Yeah haha lets just say we were laughing about that for a while. She is a really great missionary, in some aspects we are a lot alike, and I know that we are going to have a lot of success together, just need to rely on the Spirit and do all that you can, and the Lord will provide the rest. Haha this week was funny so I was with Hna. Keil and lets just say I fell, I hardly every fall, like never, haha scraped my hand pretty good, and Hermana Keil told me that there is a saying here when you fall, entonces "Yo compre un pedazo de Chile" basically meaning I bought a piece of chile, haha it was just funny :)
 
     So as for the other two Hermanas that are in the house, because Hualqui is in two sectors, we have Hermana Joglar still, and then there is Hermana Bahr, who is from Oregon. They are both fantastic missionarys. The past two days I was in a companionship with them because we have mini cambios for about 10 days, so yesterday and Saturday I was with them. They are amazing and we had a lot of fun as we where walking around. So to explain a little bit about the mini cambio thing, so we have Hermana Child and Hermana Young in Hualqui until Friday, and we are doing mini cambios with everyone until then. Hna´s Child and Young extended their mission for 30 days so they are here as traveling sisters, and they will be going around to the different sectors to train and help all the sister missionaries, and they have started with Hualqui, so this is going to be a lot of fun, and I will have to tell you about all of our adventures this next week.
 
     Our investigators are doing really well, we have baptism planned for this Saturday, Catalina Guiterez is going to be baptized, she is the little girl who is 9 years old and her mom is menos activo, but she is super animated for her baptism, and I´ll have to tell you how it goes next week. All of our investigators are doing really well, but the one I really want to tell you about is Catalina Alverez, she is the wife of Carlos. Oh My Goodness!! This lady I tell you is amazing! I love her so much, it is crazy how close you grow to people her, but so we have been teaching her, and we have been trying to help her want to make the step to be baptized, she has told us the she is kind of at a wall, and can´t get past it, but we are helping her, because she knows that baptism is a very serious thing and she tells us she doesn´t want to play around with God, so she is reading everything, and I mean everything we give her, like I told you, I gave her a Book of Mormon with some of my favorite passages marked, and she has read all of what I left her, and she is starting from the beginning, and really all the pamphlets that we gave Carlos, and her is the kicker and amazing thing, she has started reading the Gospel Princpels book, yeah tell me about it, amazing right!
 
     So like I told you Dad last week, I decided to buy her, her own set of scriptures because she is actually reading them, and she had asked me where she could buy a bible, so I told her "hmm I don´t know, (wink wink) let me look around and I see how much them are" So I bought her a triple and a bible, and on Saturday we went to her house, and we sat down to begin teaching her, and after the prayer, she looks at me and she ask, "Hermana England I have a question for you, What is the world is Doctrine and Covenants?" Haha I´m sure you could imagine my face when she asked me that, because I had no idea where she heard of that, because I hadn´t taught her yet, but she told me as she was reading the gospel princples book (like I told you I found out) she kept seeing references to D&C and didn´t know what it was. And so in my head I´m thinking YES! YES! YES! because I had just brought her scriptures with me that day to give them to her, and I told her that I had come that day to explain about it! It was perfect timing with the Lord it was awesome!! And she also came to church the next day with her new scriptures! It was awesome! but she has only been able to stay for Sacrament all these times she has been assisting, because Carlitos and Ignacio don´t want to stay, so this week we are going to work with them, so that Catalina can stay for the gospel principles class, and hopefully Relief Society! So wish us luck!
 
     Well that is pretty much it, but I want to leave you all with a spiritual thought, something that I learned as I was studying this week. So as you know we are studying the Book of Mormon as a mission, and one of the scriptures I read this week, really touched me, it is in Alma 37:14&16-17, it says, "And now remember, my son, that God has entrusted you with these things, which are sacred, which he has kept sacred, and also which he will keep and preserve for a wise purpose in him... But if you keep the commandments of God, and do with these things which are sacred according to that which the Lord doth command you, (for you must appeal unto the Lord for all things whatsoever ye must do with them) behold, no power of earth or hell can take them from you, for God is powerful to the fullfilling of all his words. For he will fulfil all his promises which he shall make unto you..."
 
     I really love this scriptures, which lets us know if we do the things that Lord asks us to do, and we do our part, He will always so His part and fulfill all the promises He has made with us. We just need to put our trust in Him, that all will work out in the end. I know that this will happen if we do this. Well I love you all and I hope that all is going well for each and every one of you. I pray for you all daily and always. Please take care! and if there is anything that I am able to do for any of you please let me know and I will do it right away. Well until next with with more adventures from Hualqui. Love you all so much!
 
    Con Amor Siempre, y Para Toda La Eternidad,
     Hermana Aubrey Jo England

No comments:

Post a Comment