Monday, June 25, 2012

Week 22 in Chile - 06/25/2012

CAMBIO 4 SEMANA 4
 
Place: Hualqui
Companion: Hermana Keil
Mini Cambio: Hermana Ocampo
Date: 25/06/2012
 
Hola Mi Familia,
 
      ¿Como Estan Todos? I really hope that you are doing amazing!! This week was good, but had its ups and downs how life likes to throw at you at times, I still have a cough from being sick, and Hermana Keil got sick this week, but we haven´t been letting it get us down and we worked as well as we were able, yes I numbers could have been better but this week is going to be a whole lot better just watch :) Before I move on too far, I should tell you, there are pictures that I uploaded, yes I know, shocking isn´t it, I´m so sorry that it has taken me awhile to upload them, I´ve just been a little floja, pero I try to be better at uploading them more often :)
 
      So as for this week we are continuing to teach the same families, Catalina and her family, we had to change her fecha though because she just isn´t ready yet and doesn´t fully want it yet, but we are still working with her, but hopefully Carlitos y Ignacio will be ready in a couple weeks! We watched the Joseph Smith movie with them the other day and also had popcorn, it was really fun haha Carlitos and Ignacio have never seen the popcorn bags that you put in the microwave, so it was funny to see their reaction. We are also teaching Belen, the mom of Barbara, things are going well with her, she is reading the Book of Mormon little by little, with a calender with gave her or different passages to read each day. I love this family so much as well, we had a noche de hogar with them a little while ago and watched the testaments with them, I don´t know if I told you that or not but it was so much fun, we made magic bars and watched the movie, it was great! We are really going to be focusing a lot on finding new people this week as well so wish us luck with that :) It is really crazy how close you grow to the people here, and I am going to die a little bit inside when I have to leave for another sector, I have been here in Hualqui for almost 6 months, that is a long time, so you can see why it will be hard.
 
      Well this week I had a mini cambio like you can see, and I was in Hualqui with Hermana Ocampo, can I just tell you I love love love this hermana we get along really well, and we had a great day together, through the rain and all, haha it down poured Wednesday morning, but it was a good thing we were doing service in a members house so we didn´t have to walk in it, which I was grateful for, and it kind of calmed down in the afternoon, it is officially winter here, so little by little it is getting colder and colder, but I really haven´t felt too cold, every once and a while, but I´m pretty bundled up so that is a good thing :) The other Hermanas had a baptism this week and it went really well. This week for zone class I had the opportunity to teach, every once and a while we have a desayuno celestial, and we go to the church and each breakfast as a zone and then after we go and learn from three teachers that are picked out of the zone, and this week I got picked to teach! I will tell you it scared me a bit to teach but it went well, I taught about how as missionaries we need to have good, freak I´m having a hard time thinking of the work in English, It was about animo, which I think is along the lines of a good attitude and excitement, well along those lines, but I taught about how we need to have a good attitude and be positive as we are out teaching because there are always people watching and we need to be good examples, and we can´t have the spirit very strong with us if we aren´t positive, and then we can´t teach if we don´t have the spirit, so that is what I taught about, and it went pretty good. I´m trying to think of some other things, well one more thing, I bought some pomegranates the other day and last night I cut them up and started picking out the seeds to put in a bag so that I could eat them this week, and as we all know pomegranates are a mess and your hands get really red, by the end it looked like I had just gotten down doing surgery or something, and I had a knife in my hand too from cutting them, let´s just say I nearly made Hna. Keil bust out laughing while she was on the phone with our district leader, haha it was fun!
 
    Well I really can´t think of much else to write, this week was long and fast at the same time, so it is crazy. But so I will leave a short message with you, so I am reading again in 3 Nephi, and the message that Christ told us about "let your light sign before men that they may see your good works and glorify your father who is in heaven." I have been thinking about that a lot this week and how we need to continually be helping people and letting our light (testimony/example) shine forth to help others, whether you are a full time missionary or not, because we are all missionaries and we need to remember that, so this week I would just invite you all to look for that person that could be in need of your help, even if it is just a simple "hello" it can change their day, "Be and example of the believers" and "let your light shine forth". I hope that you are all doing great, there is not a day goes by that I don´t think and pray from each and everyone of you. Please take care and I will write more about the adventures here in Hualqui this next coming week. Love you all more than you can ever imagine.
 
   Con Amor Siempre, y Para Toda La Eternidad,
    Hermana Aubrey Jo England


No comments:

Post a Comment