Monday, July 2, 2012

Week 23 in Chile 0 07/02/2012

CAMBIO 4 SEMANA 5
 
Place: Hualqui
Companion: Hermana Keil
Date: 2/07/2012
 
Hola Mi Familia!!!
 
             ¿Como estan todos? I really hope that things continue to do really well. Things here are going really well, we had a really good week this week, and found many new people to start teaching which is amazing! And before I continue, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT IS JULY!! It is so crazy where in the world did June go?? Time is going really fast, it is really crazy that I am going to have 8 months in the mission in like two weeks. Well like I said things are going really good here, and we continue to teach really amazing people, we haven´t had to big of a chance to go and see Catalina and the family this week, because she has been working and we can´t enter the house unless she is there, and it is to cold to teach the kids outside, so hopefully she will have a little bit more time this week and we can find them. We have been teaching this one girl that I have told you about before, her name is Carol Valenzuela, she is so awesome, there is actually a picture of her that I sent you all last week, there is the one picture where I´m playing the piano with someone, the picture after that one I believe I am with two girls, she isn´t the girl I was playing the piano with but the other girl. But Carol is doing wonderful and has a fecha for the 21 of July, and we are really excited for her, she is progressing really well, so I will have to let you know how things go with her. The only sad thing is is there are cambios next week, so this is the first time where I have had the feeling that I will be leaving and changing sectors, because I have been here for six months and it is rare to have 5 cambios in one place, but we will see what happens it is possible that I will have one more cambio here, so that I can help Hna. Keil learn a bit more about the sector in Hualqui, but if I do leave I won´t be here for her baptism, which will be sad, but we will have to see what happens, you will know next Monday whether I am leaving or staying.
 
        So like I told you I can´t believe it is July already, haha because it sure doesn´t feel like July, literally it feels like December, talk about Christmas in July! haha every once and a while Hna. Keil starts singing Christmas songs because it feels like Christmas, it is funny, so it will be fun to see what Christmas is like in the blazing heat of summer :) Oh so talk about adventures in the mission, this week I don´t know what was different but Hna. Keil and I got stopped and contacted, I think by a total number of 6 drunk men this week, and one of them we saw about 3 times during the week, but no worries nothing happened, most of them just wanted to talk to us, a couple told us to fly back to the states nothing more, and then the one who we saw three times this week, threatened that his lion was going to come and attack us, yeah it was interesting, but again no worries we are protected really well, and prayers really do work, because Sunday we were walking to church and as we were walking we saw the one who threatened us with the lion, well Hna. Keil was praying that we would be invisible to him and that he wouldn´t come and try to talk to us, and that we could walk right by him, and the cool thing is we walked right past him, and it was like he didn´t see us at all, so that is why I said prayers really work, as long as you have the faith that they work.
 
     Lets see her what else happened this week, I should really start making a list so I know what to write, because it is all a little jumbled up in my head, there is a reason the missionaries say that each week of your mission is like a year, because that is what it feels like. Oh so this week, we have a dart board in our house and Hna. Bahr and I have been having a lot of fun competing against each other, all though it really isn´t too much of a competition cause she always wins, even just by a little, but I´m getting better and I´m determined to win this week. haha but she doesn´t like how I always manage to get the bulls eye and she doesn´t it is funny. Haha and lets just say the ceilings the in the houses here in Chile are a little bit shorter, so lets just say the ceiling has a couple marks in it, and Hna. Bahr hit the light twice, luckily it didn´t break, but no worries we are being a lot more careful.
 
    Well I really can´t think of too much more, but I´ll start making a list so that next week should be a bit better, but before I leave I want to just leave you with a few verses that I read in the Book of Mormon this week, so I was reading in Mormon this week and a few things that he says about prayer in chapter nine I really liked and want to share it with you. He says: "21. Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever, he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth. 25. And whosoever shall believe in my name, doubting nothing, unto him will I confirm all my words, even unto the ends of the earth. 37. And may the Lord Jesus Christ grant that their prayers may be answered according to their faith; and may God the Father remember the covenant which he hath made with the house of Israel; and may he bless them forever, through faith on the name of Jesus Christ. Amen."  I really liked those few verses, there were many that I came across this week that I love, but these were the few that I felt like I should share, and a quote as well that says, “I was regretting the past and fearing the future. Suddenly my Lord was speaking: ‘My name is I AM’ He paused. I waited. He continued, ‘When you live in the past with it’s mistakes and regrets, it is hard. I am not there. My name is not I WAS. When you live in the future, with it’s problems and fears, it is hard. I am not there. My name is not I WILL BE. When you live in this moment it is not hard. I am here my name is I AM.” ~Helen Mallicoat~ My message to all of you this week would be to remember that all prayers are answered if we have faith and that miracles will also be produced with that faith and patience, that has been proven to me many times while I have been out in the mission and I know because our Heavenly Father loves each of His children, that He will answer each of our prayers, as long as we have faith and the patience to wait for the answer, because "some blessings come soon, some don´t come till later on, and some don´t come until heaven, but for those who [have faith] they come."
 
     I hope you all remember that I love each and everyone of you so much and more that any of you can ever imagine, and remember I pray for you all, all the time, I hope all goes well this week, please enjoy all the wonderful fireworks for me, and the warm weather! :) I will write more adventures about Hualqui next week, so until then.
 
  Con Amor, Siempre, y Para Toda La Eternidad,
   Hermana Aubrey Jo England

No comments:

Post a Comment