Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 25 in Chile - 07/16/2012

OCHO MESES EN LA MISIÓNPlace: Cordillera, Chillan Nuble
Companion: Hermana Steinmetz
Date: 16/07/2012
Hola Mi Familia!!!



        ¿Como Estan todos? Can you believe it!! I already have 8 months in the mission! Entonces haha Happy Chili Day! Where in the world is the time going? It is so crazy!!! Wow well this week has been absolutely amazingly fun! I really love my new sector, Cordillera is a beautiful place, the thing I had to get use to though here is it is more of a city, and many cars, yeah I have had to be a bit more careful crossing the street. And hear this the coolest thing ever, we are pretty close to the mountains, and there is SNOW!!! I´m so excited to be able to go one p-day and play in the snow, I have missed it so much, because Christmas there was like no snow whatsoever, so I haven´t seen snow for a long time, and this christmas there definitly will not be snow since it will be summer, so i´m sure you can see my excitement! :)   My companion is amazingly, fantastic!! We hit it off really well, really fast, and I know that Hermana Steinmetz and I are going to have a lot of success together, I´m so excited, our personalities are casi 100% the same, which is really crazy, how often does that happen, where you are put with a random companion and you hit is off really well, the first day, it is great. Bueno a little bit of information about Hermana Steinmetz, well she is from Houston, Texas, she has the same tick day as I do, so today she has 16 months in the mission, yeah lets just say right now I will probably be the companion who kills her, because she is almost finished, it really is crazy how fast time passes, we need to cherish every moment that we have. But so something cool about Hermana Steinmetz and I is that we are 1 of the only 2 gringa companionships in the mission, all the other companionships for the hermanas are either one latina and a gringa, or two latinas. So we were both thinking about that the other day, and we decided there is a reason that we were put together at this time, as one of the only gringa companionships and we are going to find those reasons why, together!


     The house in Cordillera is amazing! It is really big, too, I promise that I will take pictures and send them to you next week, because I forgot the cord to download them. But it is a great house, and the amazing thing, there is hot water!! In Hualqui, there wasn´t hot water, you had to boil it, and the shower was electric, (where as here it is gas) so you really had to play with it to even find a little warm water, but it is so amazing to have hot water, I will never, ever, take hot water for granted again, I think I forgot what it felt like after six months, but never again will I take it for granted, because it is a blessing to have. Oh the only thing that really scares me about this house is the stairs, they are tiny, my feet are bigger then the steps, and they are steep, haha so pretty much I was crawling up them so I wouldn´t fall for the first few days, but now it is getting better with more practice, and I learned you just have to go down sideways, so ahora it is really much better, but they are still a bit scary. Haha so the other day for exercises Hna. Steinmetz and I did a P90X dvd that one of the other Hermana´s left for her, and all I can say is I was so sore the next day, it was so crazy, but it was somewhat of a good sore, haha.


     We aren´t the only two hermanas in the house, we live with two more hermanas in the house who are in the sector Anagronamia (It think that is how you spell it), they are Hermana Daglio, who is from Argentina, and Hermana Martinez, who is from El Salvador, and get this is the cousin of Hermana Sanchez, it is awesome! But they are so much fun, and are full of a lot of energy! I love both of them so, so much! I want to thank you for the package you sent me, there was a lot of cool things in there, and Hna´s Martinez y Daglio, loved the pop rocks and the silly straws. Haha so I am probably just a little bit of a joker, (I learned that from you, mom and dad.) but this morning, Hermana Daglio came in to our room after she woke up, to tell us hi, well you remember the sour cry baby gumballs you gave me, well I gave one to Hermana Daglio and told her it was gum, which wasn´t a lie, and she put it right in her mouth and started to chew it, and you should have seen her face it was one of the funniest things in the entire world, it made me laugh so hard, but then I had to run down stairs after and told her sorry, and then she told me that we have to do it to Hna. Martinez tonight, which she is excited about. haha it is just really funny because they don´t know what it is because the wrapper is in English, and I´m sure Hermana Daglio will get me back so we are even.


    There are so many funny things that have happened this week, it is like a comedy movie in our house. When I first got here, it was funny I started putting my stuff away (Which was so crazy to pack by the way, it is crazy what you obtain in 6 months) but I was upacking and I saw a little bug or something on my bed, and I said, "Hermana Steinmetz what is this" she came over looked at it really close, jumped back quickly, and yelled, "THAT´S A PULGA (flea), THATS IT WE ARE CALLING ELDER CLAWSON RIGHT NOW FOR PULGA SPRAY" haha oops looks like I brought a few fleas with me, Hermana Steinmetz has never been bit and she wants to keep it that way, it was just funny the look on her face, when she say that it was pulga.


     The people here in Cordillera are amazing! I love the barrio, they are tiny, about 70 active memebers, but each and every one of them are great and I´m excited to work with them! And the investigators are great too, there is Solange, who is really funny, and I love her, she has a fecha for her baptism this saturday, so we are very excited for her and finishing teaching all she needs to know. There is Juan, and he is great too, he has a lot of faith in Christ, There is Elva who is a new convert and she is awesome I´ve grown very close to her already. There are very many people here, and I know that I´m going to have are really great time here. One of the things that was really cool this week, was we were teaching this lady named Anna, she has a store that she works in, and that is where we were teaching her, Hermana Steinmetz was teaching and I was thinking "what in the world am I going to say, what does she need". So I said a little pray in my heart and that was when a scripture came to my mind that I had studyed that morning, which talks about gifts from god, so I began talking about that, and I can´t tell you everything that I told her, because I don´t remember all I said, but I knew in that moment I wasn´t the one teaching, the spirit was using me as an intrument to teach her what she needed to hear, and I invited to her to be baptized, which I hardly ever do in the first visit, because I´m just getting to know them, but something told me i had to invite her, it was the coolest feeling ever to be in an instrument in the hands of the Spirit.


      Well I can´t think of too much more, but before I finish I will leave you with a scripture that I came across this week that I love. So this cambio I have started reading that Doctrine and Covenents and all I can say is it is absolutely, fantastically amazing, there are so many treasures to be found in these revelations, but the scripture I found this week is in D&C 6:14,18-19, 36 which says: "Verily, verily, I say unto thee,blessed art thou for what thou hast done; for thou hast inquired of me, and behold, as often as thou hast inquired thou hast received instruction of my Spirit. If it had not been so, thou wouldst not have come to the place where thou art at this time. Therefore be diligent; stand by my servant Joseph, faithfully in whatsoever difficult circumstances... for the word´s sake... Be patient; be sober; be temperate; have patience, faith, hope, and charity. Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." I really loved this scripture, because it just shows us that we are each where we are in the point of our lives because God has plans for us to be where we are, we just need to be diligent, faithfully, not doubting that through Him we can absolutely do all things, because He was the one who has permitted us to be here at this time specificly, to touch the lives of people that are around us. Well I hope that all of you are continuing to do amazingly well, and I hope all of you always remember how much that I love you all, and that I pray for you all always each day and night and always. Please take care and this next week will be more wonderful news from Cordillera. Until then take care!


  Con Amor Siempre, y Para Toda La Eternidad,
   Hermana Aubrey Jo England

No comments:

Post a Comment