Monday, July 9, 2012

Week 24 in Chile - 07/09/2012

CAMBIO 4 SEMANA 6
 
Place: Hualqui
Companion: Hermana Keil
Mini Cambio: Hermana López
Date: 9/07/2012
 
Hola Mi Familia!!!
 
      ¿Como estan todos? Well this week as actually been a little crazy but has been really fun! Like life this week had its ups and downs, like a roller coaster, but hey it makes it fun! I love roller coasters! :) No I think the only thing that wasn´t too much fun this week is we had many doors closed in our face this week, so it was really hard, because we know how important this message it, and when people don´t want to give even five minutes for a simple prayer or a message about Christ it´s hard, but all you have to remember is that people have agency and if they choose not to listen it is ok and maybe one day they will :) 
 
      OK time for the big question that I think all of you want answered this week, what happened with cambios this week! Ok ready for this, drum roll please......... I AM GOING TO CORDILLERA, CHILLAN!!!! Yep that is right I´m changing sectors after 6 months of being in Hualqui! AAAH is the only this that I can say, but I knew that it was coming, I knew that I was going to be changed, because it is very rare to have 5 cambios in a sector like I told you before, and the fact that I couldn´t sleep last night very well, probably was another sign. But I´m very excited to go to my new sector, and I will be companions with Hermana Steinmetz, she is a wonderful missionary, I have met her a few times and I´m excited to be with her! So next week there will be some more updates about how my new sector is!!! 
 
    So this week I had a mini cambio like you can see, I was with Hermana López like you can see, and it was so much fun, I love Hna. López with all my heart, she is an hermana from Argentina and is the best ever, we had a lot of fun working together, and because it was the fourth of July, she decided that we had to celebrate it, so when we got home that night, she painted our faces with the American flag and then we made no bake cookies, haha it was a lot of fun! Too bad it is against the rules to have fireworks! :) But we had a lot of fun! Oh so I forgot to tell you last week it turns out I became the "chosen one" in our house, because my legs started getting bitten by fleas so much last week, and usually there is only one person they choose in the house and this cambio is turned out to be me! I really don´t like being the "Chosen One" in that manera, but hey they haven´t been biting this week so that is a whole lot better. 
 
   What else could I tell you about this week, so we are continuing to work with the wonderful people here in Hualqui, Carol is progressing really well, and will be baptized in a couple weeks, which is awesome, it will be sad that I can´t be here, but Hna. Keil promised she would take pictures. Catalina is progressing little by little, and hopefully Hna. Keil and Hna. Rojas will be able to help her take that next step. I know that there are going to be great people waiting for me in Cordillera, and it will be great to go there and find them. 
 
     So we have been teaching a lady here in Hualqui, named Claudia, I can´t remember if I told you about her, or not, she is a wonderful lady, she is 24 years old, but the hard thing we are trying to help her with is she is a drug addict, and smokes and drinks, but she wants to change so we are trying to help her change, but the other day we stoped by her house to take her some mandrine oranges because they are her favorite, and when we stoped by she, was completely drunk and on something, and we stopped by to drop the oranges off, and when we did she just started crying and crying, because she just needed someone to support her, and she was very sad that she couldn´t have her 4 year old daughter with her that weekend, but we were in there trying to comfort her, we sang for her, and we just sat there with her, trying to help her, and in the end of our visit we got her to a point of laughing. I can´t describe all that happend that night, but I will tell you this experience had a great effect on me, and has changed me more than anyone will expect. I have learned more this week, the importance of each person in the eyes of God, and the worth of souls. As we were helping her, I could feel within me the love that our Heavenly Father has for Claudia, it was the coolest feeling ever, and I know that no importa the situation that anyone is in our Heavenly Father is there for each and everyone of his children, and never leaves them, they just need to seek and ask for his help.   
 
    Haha so this week we had a service project to help a member in our ward. So we went to their house because they had just finished cutting all the branches off their tree and had two huge piles so we helped them short it out into fire wood and sticks to go out back, and my job was to chop all the wood, because I was the only Hermana who has every really used an axe before (Yes that is right mom! I hope that makes you proud! :)  ) , haha it was so much fun, but I am so sore right now, because the "axe" that they had was more like a hatchet with and axe head, haha so I had to use a lot more force to cut the wood, but hey it was so much fun! I actually had someone who let me cut wood, I have been offering people for weeks and finally someone accepted! Whats up with people not wanting to accept, just because I´m a missionary who happens to be an hermana and I´m wearing a dress, doesn´t mean that I can´t cut wood! ;) haha just kidding around :) Oh so I bought a recorder this week, because I needed something to play music, because I don´t have much time any more to play piano, and playing music is one of my destressers, so I bought a recorder and I have been learning how to play the hymns on it, I´m doing pretty good with it, you will have to hear, oh and dad so that you know, I have a goal now to learn how to play the bagpipes, so get you chanter ready I will learn that when i get home because I know that is after recorder! then next step bagpipes!!! :)
 
     Well I need to get going so that I can go and pack all my stuff and I can get a little bit of sleep tonight, haha! but before I end I´m going to leave you with a spiritual thought, so this week I finished the Book of Mormon!! Woohoo!!! It was such an amazing experience to read it together as a mission and this week I´m going to start with D&C! I´m really excited. But one of the things that stood out to me as I finished and the experiences that I had this week, is that we can´t judge people! We need to always remember that the Worth of Souls is Great in the Sight of God!! We need to remember that all people that are around us are our brothers and sister, and remember to love them, remember that everyone needs to be loved. I´m definitly not the most perfect one with this, but each and every day if there is someone who makes me mad I do my best to remember that they are my brothers and sisters and well, and I forgive them. So my message to you all this week, so your best to serve others this week, and remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God, remember that each and every person on this earth is our brother and sister and we are here to help them! Find someone to serve this week. 
 
   I hope that all of you are continuing to do amazing and this next week I will have another wonderful letter for you all from Cordillera!! Please take care and remember that I am always praying for you all! and I love you all so much! Until next week!
 
   Con Amor Siempre, y Para Toda La Eternidad,
    Hermana Aubrey Jo England

No comments:

Post a Comment