Monday, May 21, 2012

Week 17 in Chile - 05/21/2012

CAMBIO 3 SEMANA 5
 
Place: Hualqui
Companion: Hermana Sañchez
Date: 21/05/2012
 
Hola Mi Familia!!
 
       How are you all doing this wonderful day? I´m doing really good, but I can tell you now this week seemed like it was forever! I felt like I talked to you all a month ago, when it was only just last week, talk about crazy! I guess that is why they say that each week in the mission is one year, because by the end of the week that is what it feels like, and you have to ask yourself if what you did on Monday, was a month ago or not, I don´t know that is just what it feels like. So apparently yesterday was the end of the world here, I don´t know about you but I´m thinking I´m still alive and kicking here in Chile? haha but apparently there was suppose to be a really big earthquake here yesterday, and well it didn´t happened, I slept like a baby, so it wasn´t the end of the world :) 
 
       So some wonderful news! BARBARA SE BAUTIZO!!! Barbara is such a wonderful girl, she has been waiting over a year to be baptized, and her mom finally gave us permission. It was after a new beginnings for the young womens that her heart changed a bit, because she saw that Barbara was working hard, and loved this church, because Barbara has been working on her personal progress, and had recieved faith, and the kicker, she wasn´t even a member yet! Wow, she is such an example for everyone. But so she was baptized, but the downer just a bit was that she wasn´t confirmed this sunday, because they had problems with the car and just a lot of things happened that they showed up after the Sacrament and they weren´t able to confirm her, but no worries she will be confirmed this next Sunday along with Denise, who is another little girl we are teaching and she has a baptismal fecha for this Saturday! We are all very excited and looking foward to helping her! 
 
       Things are going really well with everyone here in the house! It is a little weird because cambios are this next week, and we are all a little, what in the world will happen!? The only cambio we are sure of is Hermana Kraemer because she is going home, but other than that, we think, (and that is we think) that me and Hna. Joglar will be staying here in Hualqui, and two hermanas will be coming here, and Hermana Sanchez will be going to a new sector, because she has 7 and a half months here in Hualqui! So it is time for a change, but you never know, so I´ll have to let you know next week! It has been SOOO COLD here! aaaah and I have been warned that it is going to get even colder. There have been so much rain and wind and with the humidity and wind it just makes is much colder ( I can´t tell you how many times by umbrella turned inside out because of the wind.), and the thing is we are walking around all day in it, so yeah lets just say it´s freezing, and at night, I just might have to buy another guatero to put by my feet we will see, are maybe I can not be so stubborn and wear socks, haha but I don´t see the point because I kick them off in the middle of the night, we´ll have to see what I do. 
 
        Haha oh and also this week we had a little fun, our power went out, and usually it does this in the morning, because you can´t take a shower (because it is an electric heater) and have the heater, or anything else on at the same time or the power goes ZAP! and then we have to walk out front and flip the breaker switch to turn it back on. Well the other day it went ZAP and we went out front to flip the switch and the power didn´t go on, so long story short we were pretty much doing our daily planning at night with candles, and in the middle a neighbor came over and helped us turn it back on, there was a switch inside the house we didn´t know about, so all is good now; but it was kind of fun to plan with the candles, felt like in the old times before electricity, kind of cool! :) Yes I know I´m a dork! :)
 
        Well that is pretty much all this week, it has been really good, and lots of adventures, but I really can´t think of much else to write about so I guess that is going to be all for this week, but I hope you all remember how much I love you all and I hope that everything is going really well for each of you! Remember you all are always in my prayers and I hope that you all have an amazing, fantastic week! I´ll send you another email next week, with the amazing adventures from Hualqui! Until then!
 
    Con Amor, Siempre, y Para Toda La Eternidad,
     Hermana Aubrey Jo England

No comments:

Post a Comment