Monday, May 14, 2012

Week 16 in Chile - 05/14/2012

CAMBIO TRES SEMANA CUATRO
 
Place: Hualqui
Companion: Hermana Sanchez y Hermana Castillo
Date: 14/05/2012
 
Hola Mi Familia!!
 
         First off can I just tell you all how wonderful it was to see you all yesterday!!!! I love you all so much and it was so wonderful to hear your voices and to be able to talk and see you all! It was awesome is all I can say, you have all changed so much, especially Danny and Amy and what is crazy is it has only been six months, well, six month this Wednesday! It will be so weird to see what they look like this Christmas, I´m sure Danny will be the one who changes the most. Oh my can you believe that it is almost six months already! Time is passing by so rapidly, before you know it I´ll be home! CRAZY!! So because I talked to you all yesterday this letter will be a little bit short, but I´m sure you will all be fine with that since we talked face to face through skype! :)
 
        So like I told you yesterday (I love saying that) Adrianna was baptized on Saturday, and than was confirmed yesterday! It was such a miracle this baptism! So as I have told you she had about 10 Santos in and alter in front of her house, so we had to explain to her that she couldn´t have the Santos in an alter, it was ok to respect these people because they are great people, but not to worship them, because it is a commandment not to, so little by little we have been removing them, and on Wednesday, we went and bought a huge thing of flowers, and that night we talked to her, and we took the rest of the santos out and put the flowers in the alter instead, and she accepted it, which was nice, we didn´t know if she would get mad for removing them of not, but she has taken a big step to change, and this is why I said this baptism was such a miracle. Haha as well, so we have to fill out a registro for each person that is going to be baptized, so that the church has information and than you can use this information for family history and stuff, well the problem was that Adriana can´t read or write, so she couldn´t sign her name at the end or the registro, so I just looked at Hermana Castillo, (we had a mini cambio) and was like what do we do, and then we talked and figured to just put her thumb print, and we called Elder Morales to find out if that would be alright, and he said sure. So we got a marker and colored her thumb and put her thumb print and then I wrote her name, haha it was just funny, cause that is very rare.
 
       So like I said I had a mini cambio with Hermana Castillo this week, and it was great, she came to Hualqui, and Hermana Sanchez went to Lirquen, but Hermana Castillo and me had a really good time and we learned so much from eachother. And things are continuing to go really well in our house, I love, love, love, all the Hermanas that I live with Sachez, Kraemer and Joglar are amazing! And today we went to a little dinosaur park that they have in concepcion, which was so much fun I´ll see if I can send the pictures today, if not I´ll send them next week, so look to see if they are there.
 
      Sorry that this letter is a little bit short and kind of brief on information but, like I said, I talked to you yesterday! :) So I hope that you all have an amazing week and that everything goes amazingly well! I love you all and I will send you all another letter this next monday with more amazing adventures from Hualqui! Love you all and you are always in my prayers! And everyone here in Hualqui says Hola to each of you! They all love you as well! Until next week!
 
Con Amor, Siempre, y Para Toda La Eternidad
Hermana Aubrey Jo England
 

No comments:

Post a Comment